Rides that need some love.....(im talking about refurbs)

dman1373

Original Poster
I have been on this forum for a while and theres a couple of rides that ive been hearing needing refurbs. The two that come up the most are expedition everest and splash mountain. Now my question is what other rides would you love to get a refurb. It doesn't have to be just to clean or fix things, meaning it could be to add a new feature that would enhance the ride.

One that i think needs to be updated is winnie the pooh. I love this ride, but its always bothered me that there are no mouth movements in the ride. I dont think it would be too hard to update that. Just make it more like honey hunt with more trees and such.

Jakester

Umm, Where does this list begin?

Splash Mountain
Everest (I kind of understand why the risk hasn't been taken to fix the yeti yet)

Theres a long list.

jpittore1

Buzz Lightyear needs some love...during our trip the first week in June, it moved about 50% of the normal speed and 25% of the time the lazer gun didn't fire properly....it's my son's favorite ride and we probably rode it around 20 times over the entire week.

The Empress Lilly

Many rides need a big overhaul, a re-imagineering: Energy, Imagination, Kali etc.

Rides that need a good clean-up, maintenance, perhaps some plussing to me are:
- Peter Pan. Age can go two ways with a disney ride. In this case, PP felt terribly old more than a charming classic.
- Splash. A complete joke. A laughing place alright.
- Pirates. Refurb those sparrow AA's out of there. 'Where's Waldo with Jack Sparrow' is soooo ten years ago.
- The Land. Bring back the dawg! (I assume he's still missing?)

IanDLBZF

Rides that need good clean-up, maintenance, and perhaps some plussing to me would be as follows:
  • Tower of Terror
  • Splash Mountain (refurb should be occuring this upcoming winter)
  • Living With The Land
  • Pirates of The Caribean
  • Peter Pan's Flight

jmargarone27

Rides that need good clean-up, maintenance, and perhaps some plussing to me would be as follows:
  • Tower of Terror
  • Splash Mountain (refurb should be occuring this upcoming winter)
  • Living With The Land
  • Pirates of The Caribean
  • Peter Pan's Flight

AMEN! And I would love for the CoP to be completely modernized.

bethymouse

Buzz Lightyear needs some love...during our trip the first week in June, it moved about 50% of the normal speed and 25% of the time the lazer gun didn't fire properly....it's my son's favorite ride and we probably rode it around 20 times over the entire week.
I thought so too. In fact, I got the highest score you can get ( I thought it must be broken). I asked a CM, and he said "nope- you must've hit the big Emporer Zurg". Wow!

bethymouse

Splash ( we all know about this one)
Livin' W/ the Land (just a few changes/updates)
Soarin ( just some touch ups- minor really)
RocknR ( needs updating)
Indiana Jones Stunt Show (needs updating)
Backlot Tour (needs help in general)
EE ( please fix the YETI!)
Dinosaur ( needs some help)
I agree w/ many of you guys on here.:)

The Empress Lilly

Splash ( we all know about this one)
Livin' W/ the Land (just a few changes/updates)
Soarin ( just some touch ups- minor really)
RocknR ( needs updating)
Indiana Jones Stunt Show (needs updating)
Backlot Tour (needs help in general)
EE ( please fix the YETI!)
Dinosaur ( needs some help)
I agree w/ many of you guys on here.:)
This list seems perfect to me!

Except maybe RnRC. I hear that a lot, that RnRC needs some updating. But how? And why? Apart from the austere queue outside, to me the ride seems to be flawlessly executed and in great condition?

NiarrNDisney

MK - Carousel of Progress (overhaul) ,Peter Pan (a good cleaning), Tomorrowland Transit Authority (new scenes in the tunnels)

Epcot - Journey into Imagination w/Figment (overhaul), Maelstrom (overhaul and a new film)

DHS - Backlot Tour (overhaul), Great Movie ride (good cleaning and fixing up some of the scenes)

DAK - DINOSAUR (fix all the anamatronics to the way it was in the begining), Expedition Everest (fix the Yeti and bird)

Demeter Tess

Just got back from 5 days at WDW and loved every minute of it! Of the attractions we rode, these were the ones I felt needed work:

• Splash Mountain (So sad to be able to point out 20+ animatronics/effects not working. This attraction deserves some serious work.)
• Soarin' (The dirtiness of the film is completely distracting. At one point we even saw a bug on the screen.)
• Tomorrowland Transit Authority (Just a minor nitpick, but I noticed a lot of peeling paint and damaged walls along the outdoor portions of the track. I know that sort of thing isn't visible at night, but during the daytime it can really detract from the ride's ambience.)
• Spaceship Earth (Aside from general unhappiness with the changes made to the narration/score/descent, I was a bit bothered by how jerky the ride seemed. I know it's never been particularly a smooth ride and it could be my imagination, but the vehicles seemed more jerky than normal.)
• The Great Movie Ride (I'll admit I've only visited MGM -- sorry, I can't ever remember to call it Hollywood Studios -- one other time in my life, but this ride seemed downright painful in comparison with my memories of it. There are so many ways that it could be updated while still retaining its charm, and after 20+ years it deserves a little love.)
• Primeval Whirl (This was my first visit to AK so I have no point of reference, but this coaster was downright violent. I have a guilty love for wild mouse coasters and I've ridden loads of them over the years, but this ride made me feel absolutely unsafe.)

I suppose I ought to add Expedition Everest but, again, this was my first trip to Animal Kingdom and as such I never experienced the original attraction with the fully operational yeti. From everything I've seen/heard, he was absolutely magnificent in his heyday. However, as a newbie to the attraction, I found it incredibly enjoyable and effective even without the yeti. Sure, it's a daggone shame he's not working, but I do feel there are other attractions more in need of refurbishment and touch-up at this point in time.

alissafalco

Many rides need a big overhaul, a re-imagineering: Energy, Imagination, Kali etc.

Rides that need a good clean-up, maintenance, perhaps some plussing to me are:
- Peter Pan. Age can go two ways with a disney ride. In this case, PP felt terribly old more than a charming classic.
- Splash. A complete joke. A laughing place alright.
- Pirates. Refurb those sparrow AA's out of there. 'Where's Waldo with Jack Sparrow' is soooo ten years ago.
- The Land. Bring back the dawg! (I assume he's still missing?)

I totally agree with you about POC. Its overkill with johnny depp and he doesnt fit in with the rest of the ride... Maybe just have him there once at the end, but seeing him pop up throughout the ride almost ruined it for me. I loved that ride growing up, it was my all time favorite, now not so much. :(:(

pumpkin7

I totally agree with you about POC. Its overkill with johnny depp and he doesnt fit in with the rest of the ride... Maybe just have him there once at the end, but seeing him pop up throughout the ride almost ruined it for me. I loved that ride growing up, it was my all time favorite, now not so much. :(:(

i agree. he was added for the sake of it. i also hate how they altered the soundtrack at the start while the battle is going on between the ship (now barbosas - another addition that was pointless) and the fort.
this is why so many people think the movie came first.

Mr_Incredible

Didn't want to start a new thread, but wanted to ask how much work would it take to make soarin a bit more crisper? HD quality. I am not saying update the actual footage, love the ride, but it could look nicer. Any idea how long it'd take to spruce up a couple minute long film?

bubbles1812

Splash Splash Splash Splash Splash Splash Splash Splash Splash Splash Splash Splash Splash Splash...oh and Splash. :D That is at the top of my "Wish List" when it comes to attractions along with them restoring Journey into Imagination to its original format...man that original ride was awesome. Sigh. I tolerate its current incarnation but it's not even close to the original in terms of greatness.

Jungle Cruise could also use some lovin' And the Backlot Tour has been so dumbed down and modified it is a shell of its former shelf. Think it needs a complete overhaul or just needs to be axed and something new put in its place.

bubbles1812

I thought so too. In fact, I got the highest score you can get ( I thought it must be broken). I asked a CM, and he said "nope- you must've hit the big Emporer Zurg". Wow!

I did this too!!! I suck royally at any kind of computer/video/shooting games and my brothers always whop my butt so I was ecstatic when I maxed out the score and beat my brothers (They were 11 and 9 and as boys at that age are, a wee bit cocky that they were going to beat everyone). They were mad, and I felt very cool :cool: . Heehee ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom