Rides for 2yr olds

poolstitch 2009

Original Poster
hi guys can anyone help me. Do disney go off height restrictions or age restrictions? my dd will be 2yrs old next year when we go to wdw this is our first trip with children. At the moment she is 73 cm tall.
:rolleyes:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Goes by height, but that is just for safety. Some rides are still not good for some kids. Took my 4 year old on Dinosaur since he was tall enough and he was terrified. He is really in to dinosaurs but the ride is pitch black and pretty frightening. I took him when he was 2 and he did mostly everything he was big enough for but was a little tentative with really dar rides. Rides like Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, pirates and the Tiki Room have been known to scare little kids. If they are good with The darkness on Peter Pan than try for the others. We just got back from WDW and my 2 year old was fine with all of the rides he could get on and had no issues with loud noises or darkness like his brother did at that age.

meyeet

When my daughter was 1 she loved the carousel, it was her favorite ride! On a trip last year when she was almost 3, she absolutely hated it! She also didn't like any of the rides where you wear 3D glasses. Since then she has ridden the carousel at the zoo and the fair and can't wait to ride it again at MK. We're headed back again at the end of September so hopefully she enjoys the 3D rides as well.

DisDadEddie

My son is two now, but our last trip he was 22 months and these are the rides he enjoyed. Each kid is different so this is just based on him and also my daughter who rode the same rides at 18 months.I'll break it down by park:

MK:Buzz Lightyear,Carousel of Progress,Country Bear Jamboree,Dumbo,Haunted Mansion,Small World,Jungle Cruise,Aladdin Carpets,Peter Pan's Flight,POTC,Tiki Room,Tom Sawyer Island,Winnie the Pooh Ride,Walt Disney Railroad

AK:Finding Nemo Show,Tough to be a Bug,TriceraTop Spin,Kilimanjaro Safari

Epcot:Journey Into Imagination,Maelstrom,Seas with Nemo & Friends,Turtle Talk with Crush,Gran Fiesta Tour

HS:Beauty and the Beast Show,Great Movie Ride,Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure, Muppet Vision 3-D,Playhouse Disney,Toy Story Mania,Voyage of the Little Mermaid

As you can see the park for most to do with a two year old by far is Magic Kingdom for actual rides.

Cosmic Commando

I would say at 2, kids can probably ride most anything they are tall enough for ( a 2YO is definitely not going on Tower or Dinosaur). At that age, they don't always know that they should be afraid of certain things. My son rode Haunted Mansion at DL or WDW when he was 11 months, 18 months, 2, 3, 4, and 4 with no problem. Then on the last trip right before he turned 5, he decided he was scared of ghosts. What?

Cindy'sBruno

Well what do you all think about a 4 yo who will be 40-41 inches when we go? She is not scared of loud noises or anything but she can be afraid of the dark sometimes. I am thinking she does NOT need to be on Dinosaur or Tower or Space Mountain. I would be pushing it on Splash Mountain...What do you all think? Am I just being a concerned mommy?

mimitchi33

Here are my top 5 rides for toddlers:
5. It's A Small World
4. The boneyard near Dinoland USA
3. Dumbo
2. Journey into Imagination with Figment
1. Disney Junior: Live on Stage!

Cosmic Commando

Well what do you all think about a 4 yo who will be 40-41 inches when we go? She is not scared of loud noises or anything but she can be afraid of the dark sometimes. I am thinking she does NOT need to be on Dinosaur or Tower or Space Mountain. I would be pushing it on Splash Mountain...What do you all think? Am I just being a concerned mommy?
Here's my own personal list of 40" rides, starting with the tamest and getting more thrilling:
1. Test Track - although this one is up in the air now, it's pretty much like riding in a car
2. Soarin' - gentle and I don't think kids realize they how high up they go
3. Big Thunder
4. Splash
5. Tower - Intimidating to walk up to with the screaming from people on the ride and the theming is so darn good and spooky!
17. Dinosaur - This ride is VERY loud and VERY dark! The on-ride photo for my 33YO brother-in-law was him basically curled up in the fetal position.

Space is 44" at WDW; it's only 40" at DLR.

Tinkerfan4ever

my now 5 year old daughter went on 2 trips when she was 4. She loved both Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder as well as Soarin and Test Track. While she is tall enough for Dinosaur, I didn't take her on that one, didn't want to ruin a good thing.
My suggestion... look up some of the rides you are questionable about taking her on. You tube is great for this. See her reaction and then let her decide when you actually get there. But at least if she has seen them ahead of time, she has the basic idea of the ride in her head and she can judge if it is too scarry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom