Ride Testing In Progress...

jt04

And the Fall 2012 opening of the first phase of FLE makes sense really. The Summer 2012 season will be all about Cars Land and Buena Vista Street, and Disney's marketing machine (blogs, TV, traditional media, etc.) will all be aimed at DCA. Al Lutz has said that they are really going whole hog with "re-launching" a new DCA, so Disney would want all of its marketing and corporate muscle aimed at Anaheim through next summer.

Then, once the summer is over and the DCA message has gotten out there, they can shift focus and aim the marketing machine at WDW and the FLE.

Even if Mermaid is ready to open by the 4th of July, they would be very wise to just put it in mothballs for 90 days and wait until October to open it up. The Summer of 2012 already belongs to DCA and the bigger investment of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. FLE will have its day, and be better off for waiting just a bit.

I have to agree with you for a change. :lol:

Nice Avatar. Watched "Pan Am" last night (and I never watch network TV:lol:) and was very impressed. Looks like it could be a great series. My TIVO has been programmed.

Kirk88

What's the odds of Disney attempting to coincide the re-release of Beauty & the Beast & The Little Mermaid to the theaters with the opening of the new attractions? Just some food for thought.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What's the odds of Disney attempting to coincide the re-release of Beauty & the Beast & The Little Mermaid to the theaters with the opening of the new attractions? Just some food for thought.

I would say there is a 0% chance of this. Beast is being re-released in 3D in January 2012, no way the BatB area will be done in time for that. Mermaid is being re-released in September 2013, and the LM area will be done long before that.

Dan

Neverland

I would say there is a 0% chance of this. Beast is being re-released in 3D in January 2012, no way the BatB area will be done in time for that. Mermaid is being re-released in September 2013, and the LM area will be done long before that.

Dan

I thought TLM and BatB were opening around the same time? BatB is just a bunch of buildings, not a sophisticated ride with a million pieces like BatB is.

TP2000

I have to agree with you for a change. :lol:

Nice Avatar. Watched "Pan Am" last night (and I never watch network TV:lol:) and was very impressed. Looks like it could be a great series. My TIVO has been programmed.

jt, you and I actually agree on quite a bit philosophically and politically. It's just our different taste in theme parks where things go wildly astray. :lol:

As for Pan Am, yeah I really like it. I hadn't watched network TV in years and years as well, but Pan Am got me to figure out which of those single digit channels from the 20th century that ABC was still on and tune in.

ChrisM

Enjoy Pan Am while you can.

Ratings are nosediving and industry scuttlebutt has it as likely to be cancelled.

boufa

So lets just say for argument that the ride is nearly done and ready. If they did make 2 of everything for the CA version then it is possible, or even likely that this one could be installed faster.

So it sits for a year, without any riders, and they you people (many) would start calling for a refurb the day it opens. :ROFLOL:

ob1thx1138

So lets just say for argument that the ride is nearly done and ready. If they did make 2 of everything for the CA version then it is possible, or even likely that this one could be installed faster.

So it sits for a year, without any riders, and they you people (many) would start calling for a refurb the day it opens. :ROFLOL:

That is kind of what happened to the Florida Haunted mansion. It was done in I think April and then had to sit there and wait for the park to open in October. The reason for its early completion was due to the fact that they made two of everything when they created the attraction for California, so this is pretty much the same situation...

Scuttle

That is kind of what happened to the Florida Haunted mansion. It was done in I think April and then had to sit there and wait for the park to open in October. The reason for its early completion was due to the fact that they made two of everything when they created the attraction for California, so this is pretty much the same situation...

That is exactly what happened with the Mansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom