Ride/Roller Coaster sizes for 'larger' people question?

EMThompsen

I'm only 5'11" but I'm a bit pudgy...A nice way of saying fat... & I've had no problem with any of the shoulder restraints. I've seen taller people than myself get on the rides at Disney without any problems. I hate shoulder restraints but you have to have them. I've discovered if you pull the restraints down over your shoulders slowly it will lock before it's too tight on you. Also, for all you pleasingly plump folks out there.When I go on EE I don't push the bar so far in that it squeezes my chubby belly. If you pull it in slowly you'll feel it lock before it's too far in and you lose your breath before the ride even begins.

snakeislandboy

I was in AK with a friend last month who is pretty larger than you. She discreetly asked a cast member about here size and he was so nice and understanding. He said that if the lap bar can move down one inch or one click then you can get on. Thats a lot of room. My brother was 6.1 pushing 300 and rode every ride in the park no problem.

Champion

I think you would have a problem with space mountain, I am only 5'7 and I feel like my head is going to get chopped off. But leg space is very limited on that ride. Other than that you should be ok. If you sit in the front of rockin rollarcoaster it may be better with leg room. The restraint isnt held down with a strap so it should fit. Goodluck and have fun!

Headchoppers on Space Mountain are nothing but an illusion. Except for the tunnels, you will have a hard time reaching 98% of the structure by reaching up. It really is nowhere as close as it seems.

SPACE MTN: Each of the seats is the same. My legs can't be fully extended so the lap bar only comes up to mid thigh. Trust me, you ain't going anywhere. The ride is enjoyable, but some of those turns leave bruises.

Not necessarily true, the back two seats of each pod have tons more legroom (via the sides) than the front seat.

ypcat

I'm about your size, and the only places I was uncomfortable was Primevil Whirl (just seemed a tight fit) and iasw (asked for front row with more leg room).

kruzer98

I am 6'2 and 254 and the only ride i have a hard time with is my favorite space mountian all the others i can ride very easy

so go have fun:wave:

monorailguy01

im 6'2 and I 265 lbs and I fit on every ride in disney. The way I look at is Disney makes there rides knowing that half of america is over weight so they want to make you feel comfortable and be able to enjoy the ride. the only ride I was worried about was EE because of the warning signs before you go on the ride. other then that you will be fine.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I'm around the same size and have absolutely no problems with any rides. RNRC is fine since there's no seatbelt and Everest seating is extremely comfortable, probably the best on any coaster I've ever been on (the bar doesn't squeeze you in like on Revenge of the Mummy @ USF). Like everyone else has said, Space Mountain sucks but is easily doable. You'll be fine.

rocketscientist

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for the replies! I felt somewhat embarassed to ask, but I really appreciate it!

I can live with limited legroom and minor bruises, its hard to be mad when you're at Disney world!

I don't think I've ever been on a message board where I've started a 2 page discussion thread before...

sillykid

I was 6.1 325lbs. When I was there in Feb I was able to ride all rides. I even went on Kraken (Sea World), Hulk (IOA) due to the special rows they have fro larger guests. Happy to say I have had a life style change, not surgery and am now 275.

WDWcouple

hahah i love this thread...

No worries friend.... Im 6'4 260 my brother is 6'7 probably pushin 300 i have a 44 waist and i fit fine on everything... youll be fine.. now stop worrying about this and get on to planning the fun...

I understand though..... i sometimes break into cold sweats on lines wondering if om going to fit..... But its all good us big people are here to pick on the small ones.... so we win in the end anyway

sknydave

Last time I was about to ride dueling dragons there was a pretty large gentleman getting on the dragon prior to mine. The employee had to really push to get that thing to lock in but sure enough they got it all set and everyone who was waiting started applauding as they took off!

brucie

You will have no problem at all at any ride at all!!! I am prob exact same weight/height 6 ft 300 lbs 42,44 waist. I was just there in May and I went on Everything Space mountain, Tower of Terror, Everest, Rockin Roller, Splash Mountain, all of them!!!! Disney Rules for rides for larger people. There is nothing you can't go on!!!!

dhcalva

Let me say this... I'm 6'1", 400LB. about a 62" waist. I've ridden everything BUT the RNRC, SM, and SpM. But, I have't tried to ride those 3 either. Didn't have any problems with any ride in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom