Ride Opinion: Great Movie Ride

Dayma

You have to look at what movies are in represented. They are trying to represent all genres which means they cant add ALL the movies. The one thing they should or need is a representation of the old horror films like Dracula or Frankenstein. Alien is more a representation of Sci Fi.

Someone said that they need to add Gladiator. Why would they add that and NOT Ben Hur which Gladiator copied IMO. Either add Spartacus or Ben Hur not a copy like Gladiator. Just my opinion I am not looking to start a discussion on which movie is better :)

Also remember that this is a MGM ride which means they are limited to what movies they can add.....

CaptChris

Originally posted by bailey5697
LOL, Ben Affleck fan? :lol:

No, not really, its just that those are two of the biggest Disney live action movies in recent years, and they have enough "stuff" on the Backlot Tour to promote them.

SykedOwt

While I enjoy this ride very much and think updates would only enhance the ride experience the problem is this, Any movie they wanted to add that isn't one of there own needs to go through copyright laws and it has to be allowed by other studios. And just a shot in the dark here but any universal film (gladiator) isn't very likely to be coming to a disney park :lol:

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I too enjoy the GMR every time I visit the Studios, but feel a new script is needed. I also found the speil of the cast member a little hard to understand (low audio problems). Pacing also feels a little slow for the 21st century, but it's still a great attraction. A serious rehab with some updated animatronics could give this attraction a boost. One thing I've always found fault with is the editing of the end of the Stars Wars scene into exit music. And more that damn hat.

RU42

Great ride, I miss seeing is as you walk down the street. A few updates wouldn't hurt. But a definite keeper!

RU

kennyj29

GMR

definitley a keeper! The only problem is I tend to shy away from it now because it's getting a little old. They must replace some of the scenes once in awhile. Keep some of the old ones because that's part of movie history but also take away things like alien etc, and replace it with some new ones. Also , the live action part could be refurbished also. I know the imagineers can come up with something better now!

Brooke

i like this ride but i definately think some movie scenes should be taken out and some new ones should be added. i think indiana jones, wizard of oz, maybe alien, and a couple more movies are fine but i think the gangster scene and the western scene should be changed to movies that more people have heard of. i think it would be a lot more fun if you rode through movies you knew better.

NowInc

Adding an "oscar" update at the end of each year is a good idea yes..but unlikley..since unless disney owns the rights to all the winning movies..they would only be able to include those which were produced under their "hand".

This ride is nice, but lacking. It needs a change, but change isnt always as easy as everyone thinks. I have faith that they will do the appropriate thing when the time is right.

Brett

I love the Great Movie Ride. Even for a slow moving ride, that Alien scene freaked me out the first time I saw it. It's a fantastic look at some of my favorite movies (Casablanca/Indy). I do think it needs to either change or at least put some new elements in it.

Dayma

People keep saying remove Alien from the ride. If you do this what Sci Fi movie you going to replace it with? Lets face it there are two major Sci Fi movies that have changed how we watch them and that is Alien,Aliens and Star Wars ( I am sorry to all the Matrix fans but it is NOT what Alien and Star Wars was to Sci Fi ). Star Wars already has its own ride and I think it would be over kill to add it in GMR.

The one thing they need to add is something from the Horror age. Maybe Frankenstein,Dracula, Halloween, Nightmare on elm...etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom