Ride-fall report cites obesity

Maria

wow... that was a scary article... I once sat next to a big guy in ToT, and the bar didn´t touch my lap b/c of his big belly. Boy I hated the ride so much! I was standing up all the ride! Terrifying!!! I couldn´t make myself sit down again b/c of the speed and everything.... that was the only time that I didn´t enjoy ToT. I can only imagine what the lady must have felt not being "secured" to her seat... poor thing... it did feel terrible that time and I was inside of a whole "room" with other people, not in a car like she was... poor woman.

On the other hand, there should probably be seats for "oversized and overweighted" people just as there are cars for guests with dissabilities. There could probably be a sign requesting them to step aside and wait for their car so the CM doesn´t have to choose who to send there. (it could also work as a disclaimer...). I also feel bad for the poor CM who sat her there, he/she must feel real bad after what happened...

Lance

When I went on Dueling Dragons with my aunt, she was having a lot of problems getting the restraint to lock.

My aunt weighs more than me, I would say she tips the scales at 240. About 30-40 pounds more than me.

She get's in and my uncle is over there trying to push the shoulder restraint to lock, so the buckle can lock.

I was laughing my off.

58 INCHES!!!!! I think that is a sign that you should not be letting the person on the ride.

woofboy111

Actually, on dueling dragons, there are seats for very tall people and people who don't fit in the normal seats. I think there is one every 2 or 3 rows, and they are marked by having two seat belts (probably for extra safety too!). I think they are something about 3 in. wider than the rest of the seats, and 2 inches higher for the tall people.

Camelot

That is really scary...I panic when getting onto a ride and feel like the restraint hasn't locked into place right. Some restraints have some "give" to it, and it freaks me out.

This happened when I went on the Hulk coaster at Universal IOA, and scared the bejeesets out of me !

I wish they would put better padding/cushioning on the retraints...you sure get banged around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom