Ride Advice

Tybee

yeah any pins that don't have good backs or have special meaning to you dont wear them in the parks. I lost one of mine on dinosaur last year and didn't notice until I was in the shop after:(

Yeah, I tend to only keep pins I'm actually willing to trade on my lanyard, because otherwise you'll run into folks, especially kids, who will want your biggest, prettiest, most valuable pin, and you can't exactly haggle with them or tell them 'no' without coming off like a jerk. If you go on eBay, you can buy large lots of decent pins for very cheap, which is a great way to get your starting trader pins. Disney Stores are another place to get cheap pins for trading.

As for rides, my sister has a hard time with the bigger one. It takes a lot of convincing to get her on anything. she always loves it when she gets off though. This year before we went she made a goal to do all three mountains for the first time. so she watched youtube videos before going so she could see what the ride does. She ended up going on Splash Mountain and BTMRR with no problem but she got halfway through the space mountain queue and decided to sit that one out because of the darkness. Start small Personally I think barnstormer and BTMRR are good to start with

As I see it, the darkness is what makes Space Mountain (no loops) and Rock N' Rollercoaster more approachable than they might be if their tracks were fully exposed out in the daylight. You can't see what's coming and you're distracted by all the great theming on the ride (signs, lights, audio), so by the time you get to a big hill or RNR loop, you barely even realize what's happening, just that you're having a good time.

Jeff, I urge you to not rule out RNR. It's my wife's favorite ride in all of WDW, and she's an even bigger scaredy cat than I am.

Upvote 0

Funfy

Thanks guys.

I've decided to start small and work my way up. I'm really pumped to try to ride the big dogs in WDW, and the Tower of Terror tops my list. I'm just a sucker for heights...

Is Space Mountain bad? Meaning, does it go upside down, or any crazy moves..

I recommend Bonine (like Dramamine-but non-drowsy). I take two in the morning and am usually good all day. Also, ride the coasters and especially TOT on a mostly empty stomach-sometimes totally empty is just as bad.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

JohnLocke

I really like pretty much all of the thrill rides, and here are my thoughts on a few:

Splash Mountain - I don't think you mentioned it, and I would highly suggest riding it, but it really seems to have a steeper drop than almost any coaster in WDW, so if you've done it in the past with no problems the coasters are pretty easy

Big Thunder - I think this is definitely the one to start with, it's a good coaster, but it's fairly easy. It is a little jerky, much more so than you will find on the more modern coasters at the other parks.

Space Mountain - A great coaster too, but I have to warn you that it's probably the worst in terms of throwing you around and jerkiness, only Primeval Whirl tops it in how jerky it can become.

Everest - Except for speed, this is easily smoother than Big Thunder and seems a bit easier. It's a really great coaster and when I go to AK on mornings when there's no line, it's one that I've done probably 6 or 7 times in a row, if not more. My one warning for this one is that if you're scared of heights, don't look down while inside the mountain on turns. I don't like heights, but when I'm strapped into a coaster it doesn't bother me, but just wanted to warn you if you had any issues.

RNRC - Another great ride, my only real mark against it is its length, it seems like it's over as soon as it has begun. The rides really smooth, outside of the takeoff and possibly the ending, and since it's in the dark you really can't tell you're going upside down or anything else.

ToT - one of the best rides in all of WDW, and to me not scary at all. You're strapped in and seated, once again, if you have heights issues, you may want to get on a row nearer the rear of your car, but it's not really bad at all. The only time I've ever been anywhere close to startled on it is at unloading when things were a little slow once or twice, but even with that, they have things under control.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom