Richard Petty Driving Experience

imamouse

Original Poster
If you have done the Richard Petty Driving Experience at WDW, or at any other location, I'd like to know what you thought of the experience. I am considering it as a Christmas gift and since it's pretty expensive, I'd like to gather some feedback to help me decide if it's worth it or not. Thanks! :wave:

sknydave

I've wanted to do this for such a long time and there is just one thing stopping me..

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

bhg469

If you have done the Richard Petty Driving Experience at WDW, or at any other location, I'd like to know what you thought of the experience. I am considering it as a Christmas gift and since it's pretty expensive, I'd like to gather some feedback to help me decide if it's worth it or not. Thanks! :wave:

I know a person that did it and said it was kinda fun, really short for the money. You may want to look into the Skip Barber school if the person is interested in racing. If Nascar is their only passion then Petty's school will be fun. I think they do daytona but its not just the oval its the whole track (OMG RIGHT TURNS!!!). have fun no matter what you decide for them!

Kruuzin

I did it a few years ago as a Fathers Day present and I'll say it's one of the best things I've ever done at Disney. To me the money is well worth it, spinning around the WDW Speedway at 125 mph

Yanks07

Sweet, If you do it, please report back. It is the one thing I have not done yet, and I am wanting to do it so bad.

My husband has done it twice at wdw. He thinks the 8 lap package there for driving is too short. The 18 or 30 lap ones are better. The 8 lap package is really a teaser.

He loved it! He thought it was the best thing ever.

disneyracefan

at least 1 time a year when we go to wdw we go over to the speedway but we only do the ride along there because its not a very fun track to drive on compared to other tracks that the r.p.d.e. go to. If you want a really good time use your gift. card from them at the indianapolis motor speedway which was the best driving all of us have had after the nine tracks that we have driven on. daytona was a close second though. but i recommend to take a ride along before putting out the 1500.00 plus for a you drive the car exp.

cyberbro

I did it the first year they had it.

I did it the first year they had it. I saw Micheal J fox at the track he was just finishing when my group got there. It was great and is a great gift. Yes it is expensive but what great gift is not.

:xmas:

DFD111

Ride Along Experience

The ride along was fun, I enjoyed the three laps which only cost $90.00. There are several other threads on this topic. If you do a search you will find them.

jburns

I parked beside the track and watched everyone fly by (all two cars). At that point in the vacation I didn't have the funds to try something like that. It's on the list for the next time... When my son is older and I can race him!

Antjeanne

I have done the rookie program 2 times. The 1st time was ok, i was nervous and didnt know what to expect. it was still a blast.
The 2nd time i was ready for it, the guy that put me in the car was great. he pumped me up the whole time and when i hit the track i was ready to rock. The second time was way better than the first time.
They also said that i mastered the rookie program and i should move up to the next level. of course that means more$$$$.
If you have the chance taking the ride along before you drive. it makes a big difference.
Enjoy it.
My avitar is from the RPDE.

Ant

cyberbro

How many people can say they drove a real Nascar?

I know we did the cheapest experience and it go by fast but it was still worth it. The ride along, I can't imagine it being much fun. How many people can say they drove a real Nascar?

Did you do the ride along, or one of the driving experiences?

disneyracefan

as a whole i would do nothing more then the ride along or rookie exp. at the w.d.w. speedway this is the worst track that the school has and other then giving a taste of fun that could be had its better to spend your money at the second best track they have at daytona. now if you want a thrill of a liftime take the 24 lap exp. at one of the 3 2.5 mile tracks (1) Indy (2) daytona or (3)talladega. its a great thrill rush and is well worth the money.

Firewolfe51

my sweet wife bought me the rookie package for last christmas. I got to drive this past October. Just FYI we live 20 minutes from Talladega speedway, I choose to drive at WDW. 1st so I can say I drove a nextel cup car at WDW, and 2nd WDW is the only place RPDE operates almost 365. They are MUCH more organized than other schools because they do run almost everyday. By the way I was not happy about but I drove the #88 UPS Ford Fusion and turned 126mph. (not a #88 fan) I HAD A BLAST AND YES WILL DO IT AGAIN!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom