Trip Report Revisiting 2016's War and peace I took one for the team

Hello it's me again and if you want to know what the title means you'll have to stick around for a while. Sorry but no spoiler This trip was 3 years in the making and the official countdown started at 439 days. Surprisingly the time seemed to fly by. Our little adventure was taken by me (for those who don't know I'm Figmentfan423 Figgy to my friends here), my dh and our 2 boys James 14 and fellow Disney planner and M who's a bit older autistic and doesn't like getting his picture taken or me talking about him. Our trip began at
IMG_0009.JPG
am on July 30th. We sang happy birthday to my little guy while driving down the street on our way to Disney. I'm a very mean mommy who made my baby spend his birthday in the car. Any way it was smooth sailing until half way through Virginia where we hit rain and traffic all the way to the North Carolina border. It was bad enough we worried a bit about making it to our hotel for the first night but once we hit NC the skies cleared and so did the traffic:joyfull: and we made it to Florida
IMG_0012.JPG
to take the obligitory first Florida picture of the boys. With a bit of luck and excitement we made it to Ormond Beach to get a good night's sleep.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Taking the bus to DTD from SOG was quite easy. I loved they didn't share a bus with another resort. This was just a quick recon trip to check it out and eat lunch at DLux (sp?) BurgerView attachment 158168 View attachment 158169 View attachment 158170 The guys got burgers on gf buns and I was too excited to eat so I just snagged a few fries. The guys liked the burgers but we all thought the fries were a bit greasy and too salty. Now for a few random pics View attachment 158172 View attachment 158173 View attachment 158174 View attachment 158175

I'm in!

img_0047-jpg.158170

Do I actually see your DH arm holding up a burger so you can take a better photo for us to drool over? :jawdrop: :hungry:

Then the real fun began! We took the short walk over to Poly and saw this little guyView attachment 158180

Well this little guy just gave me chills! :cyclops:

Again no spoiler:D.

You are such a Tease. :inlove:

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Shades of Green looks lovely! I've never been there.

Agree about the fries at D-Luxe Burger...I did not care for them.

Figgy, we are fans of the same libations...the Magical Star cocktail is my absolute fave and I enjoyed a Mosquito Mojito at Trader Sam's too!

Following your fun! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Shades of Green looks lovely! I've never been there.

Agree about the fries at D-Luxe Burger...I did not care for them.

Figgy, we are fans of the same libations...the Magical Star cocktail is my absolute fave and I enjoyed a Mosquito Mojito at Trader Sam's too!

Following your fun! :)
Thank you and I wished we could have met up with you. Missed you and @Zipitidoda by a couple of days:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom