Review

Hockey89

Original Poster
Spent four days at the world... Four day quick trip that we planed a few weeks ago.

Dinner 1
The four of us sat at the bar at the California Grill. (One guest was Gluten free and Disney is amazing at this)
Apps:
Braised Beef Short Rib Wontons....,This was very enjoyable...
California Combination Roll.... This was shockingly bad... You can get better sushi at Whole Foods or any dive Japanese Place in a small town
Chef's Garden Heirloom Tomato Salad (GF) this was very tasty and fresh
Entrees
Black Grouper... This was a miss for the person that got it, but I don't think it was a good order for the guest....
21-Day Dry Aged Prime Kansas City... The steak was very good and the Mac was awesome!!!!!....
Surf and Turf..... Lobster was very good and the Bison was perfectly cooked. I enjoyed it a lot...
Oak-Fired Filet (GF). It was fine.... Kanas City was much better
All and all good dinner.

Dinner 2
We ate at Todd English.... The server was great... Did a great job
App:
Teppan Seared Jumbo Sea Scallops... Pretty good but they didn't do a great job with sear... Should have been darker, but solid..
Asian Pork Ribs.... This was excellent... Love the Asian flavors
Yellowfin Tuna App was a miss... It smelled a little fishy and didn't seem fresh

Entrees
two-pound maine “cantonese” lobster... Two of us got this dish and it was awesome... Just a great dish... If you love Lobster and Asian... Order it...
herb-roasted brick chicken.... Two guest got this and it was a very well cooked chicken....

This is a very good spot and underrated.... I'd go back every trip.... If you haven't tried it, I would give it a chance....

Dinner 3
IL Mulio
Downstairs in our hotel so it was a nice easy deal.
The food is "good".. Pretty safe place to bring people.
Apps
Gamberi con Fagioli… Pretty good... Wish it had more beans in it but it was a hit
Meatballs... They were fine... Nothing to write home about....

Entrees
My bro got the chicken parm and I got the veal parm… The portions are HUGE... Solid versions... Enjoyed it...
Veal Saltimbocca Solid version and a safe pick
Penne Rigate… I didn't try it but the GF person seemed to enjoy..

Overall it is fine... Nothing to write home about but the service was solid..

Dinner 4
We went to the FS and ate at Capa…. Truly an amazing dinner and it blows away the previous three nights... The service can't be beat at all... Even Disney tries, but they can't come close...

Apps:
Pork Belly, Apple Butter, Pistachio... The pork belly was perfectly cooked... Worked so well with the Pistachios
Fried Cauliflower, Caper, Egg... The best piece of Cauliflower I've had... The caper was a green paste/Sauce... Add a much needed salt to the dish and the runny egg over top... Yummy..
Acorn Fed Black-Hoof Jamon Iberico… Just a special dish... It doesn't get better than Jamon Iberico..

Entrees
My dad got 6.9 OZ of the Miyazaki Wagyu Beef (Miyazaki, Japan)…. Comes out on a salt block... I've never had a better piece of beef anywhere.... You can't compare it to American Wagyu or beef in general.
Lamb Rack - 14 oz, Grass Fed... My Lamb was perfectly cooked.. I've had a lot of Lamb and this is as good if not better.
Bone In Filet - 12oz, Prime... I had a piece... Mouth watering and the bone adds a great flavor
Short Rib - Braised, Rioja Wine Sauce... Very good version but probably the weakest dish of the night...

Sides
Yukon Gold, Brown Butter... 50% Butter and 50% Yukon Gold... The best mash... It was stolen from Joel Robuchon who made it famous..
Broccoli, Chili Flakes, Garlic... As good as Broccoli can get
Mushrooms, Sabayon... These were good but not great... Probably wouldn't try it again...

They brought our three trays of deserts free of charge for the table.... Awesome...

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Acorn Fed Black-Hoof Jamon Iberico… Just a special dish... It doesn't get better than Jamon Iberico..

Yep. What brand do they serve at FS? Is it Fermin? The two I'm looking for stateside is 5J or Joselito. Those are the higher end ones when I eat in Madrid. I haven't quite come across them in the US. I usually run across Fermin quite a bit. (I think that's what they serve at Jaleo.)

Hockey89

Original Poster
Yep. What brand do they serve at FS? Is it Fermin? The two I'm looking for stateside is 5J or Joselito. Those are the higher end ones when I eat in Madrid. I haven't quite come across them in the US. I usually run across Fermin quite a bit. (I think that's what they serve at Jaleo.)
I have to say I'm not an expert on the different "classes"...

It was Jamon de Bellota which I believe is broken down to black and red label....

Club Cooloholic

Spent four days at the world... Four day quick trip that we planed a few weeks ago.

Dinner 1
The four of us sat at the bar at the California Grill. (One guest was Gluten free and Disney is amazing at this)
Apps:
California Combination Roll.... This was shockingly bad... You can get better sushi at Whole Foods or any dive Japanese Place in a small town
Entrees
Black Grouper... This was a miss for the person that got it, but I don't think it was a good order for the guest....
21-Day Dry Aged Prime Kansas City... The steak was very good and the Mac was awesome!!!!!....
Surf and Turf..... Lobster was very good and the Bison was perfectly cooked. I enjoyed it a lot...
All and all good dinner.

Dinner 2
App:
Teppan Seared Jumbo Sea Scallops... Pretty good but they didn't do a great job with sear... Should have been darker, but solid..
Yellowfin Tuna App was a miss... It smelled a little fishy and didn't seem fresh

Entrees
two-pound maine “cantonese” lobster... Two of us got this dish and it was awesome... Just a great dish... If you love Lobster and Asian... Order it...
herb-roasted brick chicken.... Two guest got this and it was a very well cooked chicken....

This is a very good spot and underrated.... I'd go back every trip.... If you haven't tried it, I would give it a chance....

Dinner 3
IL Mulio
Apps
Gamberi con Fagioli… Pretty good... Wish it had more beans in it but it was a hit

Entrees
My bro got the chicken parm and I got the veal parm… The portions are HUGE... Solid versions... Enjoyed it...

Dinner 4
We went to the FS and ate at Capa…. Truly an amazing dinner and it blows away the previous three nights... The service can't be beat at all... Even Disney tries, but they can't come close...

Apps:
Pork Belly, Apple Butter, Pistachio... The pork belly was perfectly cooked... Worked so well with the Pistachios
Fried Cauliflower, Caper, Egg... The best piece of Cauliflower I've had... The caper was a green paste/Sauce... Add a much needed salt to the dish and the runny egg over top... Yummy..

Entrees
My dad got 6.9 OZ of the Miyazaki Wagyu Beef (Miyazaki, Japan)…. Comes out on a salt block... I've never had a better piece of beef anywhere.... You can't compare it to American Wagyu or beef in general.
Lamb Rack - 14 oz, Grass Fed... My Lamb was perfectly cooked.. I've had a lot of Lamb and this is as good if not better.
Bone In Filet - 12oz, Prime... I had a piece... Mouth watering and the bone adds a great flavor
Short Rib - Braised, Rioja Wine Sauce... Very good version but probably the weakest dish of the night...

Sides
Yukon Gold, Brown Butter... 50% Butter and 50% Yukon Gold... The best mash... It was stolen from Joel Robuchon who made it famous..
Mushrooms, Sabayon... These were good but not great... Probably wouldn't try it again...

They brought our three trays of deserts free of charge for the table.... Awesome...
Mouth watering...usually rent a car so Capa could be in play next trip!
Also glad you reviewed the dolphawn restaurants as I have long been curious about them(and the free 2hours of kids club)

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If you haven't done so already, try it Jaleo.

DISR

Dinner 1
Apps:
Entrees
All and all good dinner.

Dinner 2
App:

Entrees

Dinner 3
IL Mulio
Apps

Entrees

Dinner 4

Apps:

Entrees

Sides

I agree the Waygu was awesome, but I couldn't eat it very often...it is incredibly rich. Thanks for the thoughts on the other dishes. Literally everything on the menu looked like it is worth trying. Can't wait to go back.

Hockey89

Original Poster
I agree the Waygu was awesome, but I couldn't eat it very often...it is incredibly rich. Thanks for the thoughts on the other dishes. Literally everything on the menu looked like it is worth trying. Can't wait to go back.
We all had some of dad's and we shared some of our meals with him... I agree it is really rich.... 4-5 oz is plenty but awesome...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom