Reusing Magic Bands?

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We received and used our magic bands during our last trip December 2013. Now just two of us will be returning for just one day this summer so we will be purchasing just a one day ticket. I know i will be able to scan the ticket into MDE but what i don't know is will that automaticaly link to my old Magic Bands? (i'm not very high tech so bear with me) Or will I have to purchase another one if I want to use the Band rather than a paper ticket? i'm not getting the tickets ahead of time if that matters at all.

And does anyone know how long you can use the same bands for before they give you new ones?

lostpro9het

And does anyone know how long you can use the same bands for before they give you new ones?
Id imagine quite some time but know for a fact at least 7 months since they worked for us after that long. Im not suere Disney has stated if they would replace them if they stop working.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Id imagine quite some time but know for a fact at least 7 months since they worked for us after that long. Im not suere Disney has stated if they would replace them if they stop working.
Thanks! Well it will be 9 months for us so I guess we'll find out if no one else answers.

durangojim

As long as they're attached to your profile they should work for about 2 years. That's how long your battery will last. I have 4 of them and all of them are active, so I basically just choose what color I want to wear for the day and off I go.

plaz10

If you have them attached to your My Magic Experience app/website - so it's all under the same name and all your own personal magic bands are registered under the same account....they will work. I have a magic band from a February trip, my AP band and my May trip and I was able to use all the bands to get into my room/FP+/etc...on the May trip.

I used them to match my outfit each day :rolleyes: But I did test them all on my door first. And I carried the band that came with the May itinerary for the first day in my backpack in case FP didn't work - but it did!

I do not know how long all the bands last though...so I will still bring the band they give me for the trip with me at first just to make sure

Rob562

As long as they're attached to your profile they should work for about 2 years. That's how long your battery will last. I have 4 of them and all of them are active, so I basically just choose what color I want to wear for the day and off I go.

Actually, the battery only powers the system that interacts with the long-range readers. That system is only slightly in use, and will be more for the interactive elements of the parks (like the screens at the end of Small World, or an on-ride photo knowing to assign your photos to you because it read the Band while you were on the ride).

Anything involving the tap-to-read functions (park entry, FP+ posts, room door keys, etc) are a separate system and should theoretically continue to function indefinitely, even if the internal battery has died.

-Rob

durangojim

Actually, the battery only powers the system that interacts with the long-range readers. That system is only slightly in use, and will be more for the interactive elements of the parks (like the screens at the end of Small World, or an on-ride photo knowing to assign your photos to you because it read the Band while you were on the ride).

Anything involving the tap-to-read functions (park entry, FP+ posts, room door keys, etc) are a separate system and should theoretically continue to function indefinitely, even if the internal battery has died.

-Rob
Thanks, I didn't know that! I was just going by what Disney had said in the past.

Graham Martin

Can a magic band be re registered agains another APP. our friends have the Frozen bands from when they visited the parks this year and have offered them to my children for our three week stay but we are unsure if they can be re registered under a different APP logon.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Can a magic band be re registered agains another APP. our friends have the Frozen bands from when they visited the parks this year and have offered them to my children for our three week stay but we are unsure if they can be re registered under a different APP logon.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Unlikely. Disney wants to sell those premium bands, not enable guests to transfer them from one guest to another. You are not allowed to transfer tickets and I imagine MagicBands fall under that same restriction.

FrostyNaples

Unlikely. Disney wants to sell those premium bands, not enable guests to transfer them from one guest to another. You are not allowed to transfer tickets and I imagine MagicBands fall under that same restriction.

Correct, currently the MB's cannot be reassigned to different people once they have been activated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom