Return to normality tracker

G00fyDad

Is it just me or does anyone else get a bit of anxiety when they see the crowds gathered outside the entrances of the parks? One thing I can promise you is that whatever line I am in A) there will be tons of people cutting into my line and B) my line will be the slowest line of them all. I am apparently a Murphy's Law Enforcement Officer. :facepalm:

Clamman73

Is it just me or does anyone else get a bit of anxiety when they see the crowds gathered outside the entrances of the parks? One thing I can promise you is that whatever line I am in A) there will be tons of people cutting into my line and B) my line will be the slowest line of them all. I am apparently a Murphy's Law Enforcement Officer. :facepalm:
I love it when they open turnstyles, you’re starting to move up and then you see the CM at the touch point put their hand up.

sullyinMT

Yup. If you want to avoid that, watch which line I head to........and go to ANY OTHER LINE.
Likewise. Hopefully the facial recognition comes around before we return, because I swear the fingerprint scanners were designed to fail for my youngest 🤣. He now has/had mom’s thumbprint until he’s grown a little(biometrics weren’t on the last two trips).

Disney Glimpses

Original Poster
“Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade” was announced for the 50th. This casts doubt over if parades, as we knew them, will ever return.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
“Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade” was announced for the 50th. This casts doubt over if parades, as we knew them, will ever return.
FOF ran besides MISI and we’ve expected for a while that we’d get the zillion dollar FOF parade back alongside of a 50th version of MISI (which is what this is). So what did you hear today that changes that expectation?

Disney Glimpses

Original Poster
FOF ran besides MISI and we’ve expected for a while that we’d get the zillion dollar FOF parade back alongside of a 50th version of MISI (which is what this is). So what did you hear today that changes that expectation?
That’s all true but they took the opportunity this morning to announce the cavalcade and not the parade? On top of that, comments from executives suggested they felt guests like cavalcades more; not having to plan their day around parades. I think the goals may have changed permanently regarding parades. I hope you’re right though.

RobbinsDad

That’s all true but they took the opportunity this morning to announce the cavalcade and not the parade? On top of that, comments from executives suggested they felt guests like cavalcades more; not having to plan their day around parades. I think the goals may have changed permanently regarding parades. I hope you’re right though.
They didn't announce the return of Fantasmic even though they announced shows at the other parks. Hopefully it means FOF and Fantasmic will simply return without 50th anniversary fanfare.

RonAnnArbor

Fantasmic and the Parades are plagued by labor shortages right now. They simply don't have the actors and live show folks to make them functional. Many of the folks who do those shows have moved on to other jobs in Orlando, or they moved home during the pandemic to Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin or elsewhere and will never be back. They just started the college program last week, so those folks are nowhere near ready to fill in on things like parades. My neighbor has been in Fantasmic for years, and she told me she has now gotten three calls from Casting to come back to Fantasmic. She has no interest anymore because during the live show layoff she started a home business and is making way more money at home to want to go do two hours in the park every night. Until Disney has enough cast members to return to parades and events, you can expect they will remain on mothballs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom