Return to normality tracker

bcoachable

…unnecessary “waste”

Profits don’t grow on trees, ya know?
Unnecessary if you are running an amusement park- So they can go that route if they must, but don’t call yourself a “theme park”. Call it a “mishmash of IP that we don’t exactly have a place for, so we call it potato-land”
Heck even the regional parks have roaming characters entertaining and distracting you on your way to the newest and fastest and tallest coasters…
Didn’t Bob and Josh play Roller Coaster Tycoon before taking over the company?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Unnecessary if you are running an amusement park- So they can go that route if they must, but don’t call yourself a “theme park”. Call it a “mishmash of IP that we don’t exactly have a place for, so we call it potato-land”
Heck even the regional parks have roaming characters entertaining and distracting you on your way to the newest and fastest and tallest coasters…
I hear you.

But everyone wants “my Magic”

I bet we can look up a crowd shot of studios around 2 pm yesterday and that’s all we need to know…

Jrb1979

Other then AK aren't all the WDW parks just a mish mash of IP now. As far as Streetmosphere goes there is no ROI. Remember Chapek said that CMs are the entertainment so no need for Streetmosphere.

mattpeto

Disney put an update on transportation update on the parks blog, mentioning the Minnie Vans today:

Notably not mentioned anywhere was the the Blue Launch:
Guests at select Disney Resort Collection hotels can enjoy water taxi options for transportation to theme parks and even Disney Springs. Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa all offer boat service to Magic Kingdom Park. Guests at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, and Disney’s Beach Club Resort can enjoy water taxi service aboard Friendship Boats to both EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Also no info on return of buses to Disney Springs from the theme parks after 4 pm.

It's possible they are permanent pandemic casualties, but we'll have to see.

UpAllNight

There is zero excuse for full operations not to be back yet. Just look around the parks, you’d think covid didn’t exist any more. I’m not complaining about that, but when you’re being told to pack in and fill in “all the available space” and “you should be shoulder to shoulder with the next guest” you can’t conveniently whip the covid excuse out of the back pocket to cut back entertainment and services. It’s a con to do so.

mikejs78

Premium Member
There is zero excuse for full operations not to be back yet. Just look around the parks, you’d think covid didn’t exist any more. I’m not complaining about that, but when you’re being told to pack in and fill in “all the available space” and “you should be shoulder to shoulder with the next guest” you can’t conveniently whip the covid excuse out of the back pocket to cut back entertainment and services. It’s a con to do so.
Staffing is still a real problem.

SingleRider

On plexiglass - have they removed the two pieces at the front of the boats on Jungle Cruise? When I rode in April I sat at the front next to one of the barriers attached to the benches on the sides. Just over a week ago I rode again and I believe they were still there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom