Return to normality tracker

Anteater

They could at least open it for Halloween time given the reputation I've read lol
I know! That's the stuff of nightmares!
1653416344491.png

bcoachable

@mattpeto-
I am very impressed with your point system and your ability to keep up with it during the last two years! This will come off a bit snarky- and maybe it is, but it is not directed at you-
I’m aware the Citizen’s of Hollywood were already on the cutting block- but were not cut until Covid- do they count on your list as minus points? How about Magical Express, since it was a casualty during Covid? Same for Fast Pass? Or Resort Hoping? Or NOT having to make park reservations? Or park hopping after 2 only now? Didn’t we loose all those things during Covid? Is there a point system attached for the sake of “lost things BLAMED on Covid”? (Asking for a friend)

mattpeto

@mattpeto-
I am very impressed with your point system and your ability to keep up with it during the last two years! This will come off a bit snarky- and maybe it is, but it is not directed at you-
I’m aware the Citizen’s of Hollywood were already on the cutting block- but were not cut until Covid- do they count on your list as minus points? How about Magical Express, since it was a casualty during Covid? Same for Fast Pass? Or Resort Hoping? Or NOT having to make park reservations? Or park hopping after 2 only now? Didn’t we loose all those things during Covid? Is there a point system attached for the sake of “lost things BLAMED on Covid”? (Asking for a friend)

Not snarky at all, thanks I welcome the feedback. There is no way I could quantify everything missing without the help of others. This is why the DCI has to be fluid and transparent.

I'll address each of them individually:
  • Citizens of Hollywood is a missing line item on the Index. They absolutely count as a missed experience and will be marked back if they return. (My gut says they will be back this year BTW)
  • Magical Express is an interesting one right? I did cover this in past tweets and posts, but I'll recap quickly. Magical Express did return post Covid, just the luggage service and resort-check-in didn't return. DME was considered back, but I had penalties for the lack of the luggage/resort-check-in. As an Operations decision, Disney cut DME on 1/1/2022. I can't blame Covid for it's removal. So it's still marked as back, however the original penalties will live on forever for the length of the project.
  • FP+ was a Bubble Perk and as a Bubble Perk, it hasn't returned. It will be missing forever, although we know that Genie+/LL/ILL has paid options to skip the line. I have considered adding a small bonus for resort guests getting first dibs on ILL, but the fact you have to pay for it, seems like a dicey balancing act and I have decided to keep it off to date. (I'll take suggestions on this). note: Interesting enough: I considered Early Theme Park Entry equivalent as Extra Magic Hours - if you add the hours of both services, resort guests actually get more with the new system FWIW
  • Resort Hopping is one I never considered, because you can still can anywhere essentially on Disney transportation. I know resort parking is another thing, but there are ways around that too (ADRs, some say mobile orders)
  • Park Hopping never really factored into the equation, only because it was back by the time my project started (April 2021). I also have no idea where I'd squeeze park reservations or park hopping at 2 pm (it's a ticket thing, like AP sales - which were never part of the Index). I could make it a small penalty.

bcoachable

Not snarky at all, thanks I welcome the feedback. There is no way I could quantify everything missing without the help of others. This is why the DCI has to be fluid and transparent.

I'll address each of them individually:
  • Citizens of Hollywood is a missing line item on the Index. They absolutely count as a missed experience and will be marked back if they return. (My gut says they will be back this year BTW)
  • Magical Express is an interesting one right? I did cover this in past tweets and posts, but I'll recap quickly. Magical Express did return post Covid, just the luggage service and resort-check-in didn't return. DME was considered back, but I had penalties for the lack of the luggage/resort-check-in. As an Operations decision, Disney cut DME on 1/1/2022. I can't blame Covid for it's removal. So it's still marked as back, however the original penalties will live on forever for the length of the project.
  • FP+ was a Bubble Perk and as a Bubble Perk, it hasn't returned. It will be missing forever, although we know that Genie+/LL/ILL has paid options to skip the line. I have considered adding a small bonus for resort guests getting first dibs on ILL, but the fact you have to pay for it, seems like a dicey balancing act and I have decided to keep it off to date. (I'll take suggestions on this). note: Interesting enough: I considered Early Theme Park Entry equivalent as Extra Magic Hours - if you add the hours of both services, resort guests actually get more with the new system FWIW
  • Resort Hopping is one I never considered, because you can still can anywhere essentially on Disney transportation. I know resort parking is another thing, but there are ways around that too (ADRs, some say mobile orders)
  • Park Hopping never really factored into the equation, only because it was back by the time my project started (April 2021). I also have no idea where I'd squeeze park reservations or park hopping at 2 pm (it's a ticket thing, like AP sales - which were never part of the Index). I could make it a small penalty.
Such a great explanation! Really well done!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom