Return of Dining Plan

aliceismad

Many Waiters are amung the highest paid positions at WDW. Think about that mandatory tip policy. Most wait staff are making much more that many other positions at WDW. College Students are returning to the program at WDW, THat is a huge part of the Cast Member work force.

Weather_Lady

If you guys could bring back less stupid products and start making my bed every day like they do at the $119 Holiday Inn Express, that would be great.
We stayed at a Best Western Central Inn in Harrisburg, PA 2 weeks ago ($175/night, well-maintained, with top-notch daily housekeeping and all on-site restaurants, amenities and transportation open, running and fully staffed). As it dawned on us that our next family trip would be to Disney and that we'd have to lower our expectations for it in terms of our resort, the same thought came to mind: why would anyone be worried about dining plans and dessert parties when Disney can't yet staff its restaurants, make a bed and empty a wastebasket, run the Epcot monorail, or arrange for Mickey to come within 6 feet of his fans?

Then again, as y'all know, the dining plan has never been a valued part of my family's Disney experience. I know it has many people who love it, and I sympathize with (even if I can't understand) their eagerness to see it restored.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
We stayed at a Best Western Central Inn in Harrisburg, PA 2 weeks ago ($175/night, well-maintained, with top-notch daily housekeeping and all on-site restaurants, amenities and transportation open, running and fully staffed). As it dawned on us that our next family trip would be to Disney and that we'd have to lower our expectations for it in terms of our resort, the same thought came to mind: why would anyone be worried about dining plans and dessert parties when Disney can't yet staff its restaurants, make a bed and empty a wastebasket, run the Epcot monorail, or arrange for Mickey to come within 6 feet of his fans?

Then again, as y'all know, the dining plan has never been a valued part of my family's Disney experience. I know it has many fans, and sympathize with (even if I can't understand) their eagerness to see it restored.
My next Disney vacation will be Aulani and if they don't have flower lei greetings, full housekeeping, valet parking, and refillable mugs, I'll riot.

Tom P.

If you guys could bring back less stupid products and start making my bed every day like they do at the $119 Holiday Inn Express, that would be great.
The reality is that more people are concerned with the lack of the dining plan than with the lack of housekeeping, and Disney knows that. That might be sad, but I'm pretty sure it's true.

slipperalwaysfits

The reality is that more people are concerned with the lack of the dining plan than with the lack of housekeeping, and Disney knows that. That might be sad, but I'm pretty sure it's true.

Housekeeping...not so much, except for the change between reservations. I do expect fresh sheets and empty trash when I walk into my room on the first day. I'd rather they empty trash in the parks as much as they used to pre-pandemic....than bring back the dining plan. But when they DO bring back the DP, I'll be getting it!

dc4

We'll see. In the UK our offer for next year is Dining Credit of up to $950 per room rather than a Dining Plan, and it's not close to the same kind of value we usually get.
This is one of the reasons I'm putting off my Disney holiday until 2023. Massively less generous offer for UK customers compared to previous years.

Andy_0410

We normally get a better offer in the uk than the US. More dates all hotels. This is now restricted to select rooms and dates can’t see it getting much better if it gets people across the Atlantic.

DisneyDave54321

Original Poster
It’s been quiet on this topic for awhile. I know Disney said dining plans were going to come back soon, but has anyone heard any more about timing?

Hockey89

Hmmm…wonder how you can counteract that? 🤔

Ohhh…that’s gone. Just a edjubicated guess
Not related to this thread... I know you have been to Orlando many times... Do you remember the name of the Cowboy theme, fake gambling theme place.... It wasn't apart of Disney and near Orlando?

DomVF07

Any word about Tables in Wonderland? Will sales return soon?
Not sure if its new or just didn’t notice it before but this is interesting wording on “if becomes available” again.

Attachments

• C3BDA246-393A-4BB0-87B4-A0E66F1AD735.jpeg
    C3BDA246-393A-4BB0-87B4-A0E66F1AD735.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 96

Dan Deesnee

Anyone heard any updates on the dinning plan returning? I would think they'd want to announce it well before the 50th. It's a big money maker for them.

Andy_0410

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom