Return of Dining Plan

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nah. DIsneyland Paris is as good as WDW for kids. Plenty of kids will tell you they went to Disney World or Disneyland, and went to Paris.

It isn’t cheap, but it’s a fraction of the cost of getting to Florida and staying for 2 weeks. DLP can easily be done for 2 nights and still be as magical if the kids don’t know any better. All they want and remember is to meet Mickey.

For those that go to Florida, WDW, is not the sole destination. It could be three days at Disney, 3 days at Universal and a week on a beach. Or 2-3 weeks in a Villa with private pool in a resort with a clubhouse and massive pool complex. The lure is all the theme parks and the sun. WDW, Universal, Legoland, Busch Gardens, Seaworld etc.

If WDW alienate guests too much they’ll lose many of those that stay onsite.
No argument. That was my experience as well.

I can say that at one time…the UK pricing for wdw did consider the mess in the Marne…part of the thinking was to develop brand affinity for all things D.

not exaclty a deep analysis/revelation there

Andy_0410

We are not getting dining plan in the uk for 2022 as it stood before but a dining credit system which gives you a monetary value based on the level of hotel. If I remember correctly the most is $950 per room for staying at a deluxe resort and then goes down for moderate and value. But this is based on minimum of 2 adults sharing a room for a 14 night stay and is on selected dates and room type only. For example it was only pirate rooms in Caribbean resort

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
We are not getting dining plan in the uk for 2022 as it stood before but a dining credit system which gives you a monetary value based on the level of hotel. If I remember correctly the most is $950 per room for staying at a deluxe resort and then goes down for moderate and value. But this is based on minimum of 2 adults sharing a room for a 14 night stay and is on selected dates and room type only. For example it was only pirate rooms in Caribbean resort
And this runs up until Christmas 2022 so I don't see the dining plan returning before 2023.

nickys

Premium Member
Given the changes coming to the U.K. / EU tickets, it might be the dining plan does come back sooner. It just won’t be offered this year on the U.K. packages.

There are a lot of people who are already booked on packages that were pushed out by Covid, in some cases by two years. Makes sense they sell new 2022 packages on the same basis as these existing ones. And then evaluate what to do next.

Tomi-Rocket

My family loves it, no fuss, no muss when using it, especially love that any moolah I bring is mostly for souvenirs with some allocated for tipping. And I was so hoping it would be implemented again in time for my Jan ‘22 trip but at this late point I don’t think I’d be able to make the payoff date if they did. 😕 But hopefully it’ll be announced soon so I can add it to our holiday ‘22 trip. 🎅🏻🎄

Tomi-Rocket

We stayed at a Best Western Central Inn in Harrisburg, PA 2 weeks ago ($175/night, well-maintained, with top-notch daily housekeeping and all on-site restaurants, amenities and transportation open, running and fully staffed). As it dawned on us that our next family trip would be to Disney and that we'd have to lower our expectations for it in terms of our resort, the same thought came to mind: why would anyone be worried about dining plans and dessert parties when Disney can't yet staff its restaurants, make a bed and empty a wastebasket, run the Epcot monorail, or arrange for Mickey to come within 6 feet of his fans?

Then again, as y'all know, the dining plan has never been a valued part of my family's Disney experience. I know it has many people who love it, and I sympathize with (even if I can't understand) their eagerness to see it restored.
I see your condescension there…just waiting for your “bless their hearts” comment to follow soon 🙄

nickys

Premium Member
So - answer delivered. DP Dead.
If you can not buy it, it does not exist.
The question was when will it come back.

I know sometimes Disney quietly cancels stuff, but they did announce that it would be returning. So the original question is a valid one.

Taking your argument to it’s limit, the Candlelight Processional dining packages cannot exist, since you can’t buy them yet. On the other hand we do know they are going on sale in just over a week.

jaklgreen

The question was when will it come back.

I know sometimes Disney quietly cancels stuff, but they did announce that it would be returning. So the original question is a valid one.

Taking your argument to it’s limit, the Candlelight Processional dining packages cannot exist, since you can’t buy them yet. On the other hand we do know they are going on sale in just over a week.

I honestly feel that, as long as the restaurants are booked up without it, they will not bring it back. How can they when there is no room for these added people? How can they sell a service that no one will be able to use because of capacity? That and their crappy IT probably can't figure out how to add the dining plan to mobile dining. LOL

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I honestly feel that, as long as the restaurants are booked up without it, they will not bring it back. How can they when there is no room for these added people? How can they sell a service that no one will be able to use because of capacity? That and their crappy IT probably can't figure out how to add the dining plan to mobile dining. LOL
Well…that’s not the case now. Reservations are available all over the place for nearly empty restaurants running on small staffs

nickys

Premium Member
Agreed it won’t be until they can reopen the restaurants fully.

Now the rumours seem to be Hoop De Doo might return sometime between January and Easter. If that’s the case, that could be when the DP returns too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Agreed it won’t be until they can reopen the restaurants fully.

Now the rumours seem to be Hoop De Doo might return sometime between January and Easter. If that’s the case, that could be when the DP returns too.
I would imagine that their forecasts are showing much more demand starting in the late winter…so I would agree that’s the time.

nickys

Premium Member
I would imagine that their forecasts are showing much more demand starting in the late winter…so I would agree that’s the time.
Right now it’s hard to book much at 60 days out +4 or +5 days. But then we also know people are cancelling quite close to their vacation dates.

But they need the restaurants back at full capacity first. Otherwise there will be complaints when people pay for the dining plan and cannot book anything. If demand stays high at 60 days they may even decide to push that booking date out to 90 days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom