RetroCot for the 25th year

BigNorm

brkgnews said:
If they were asking me for ideas...

Future World...
Open up an EPCOT Center museum-type display in the Odyssey Center. Features on the original attractions, artifacts, photos, video loops of the opening special and the dedication, etc. Make sure there's a special section showing the EPCOT that Walt had envisioned (the city)
Plaques at the entrance to each pavillion showing current and previous atttraction opening and closing dates, along with a description of the philosiphy of each pavillion.
Tons of retro merchandise that I can buy. Especially polo shirts with each of the old circle-style logos.

World Showcase...
Bring back the milennium village.
Special ending for IllumiNations ROE

I can do w/o MillVill but I love your idea for the Odyssey. BRAVO! They should do something to the Odyssey for the 25th.

AndrewBradt

i know everyone talks about bringing back the icons/symbols for the 25th anniversary, but is there really any reason why they couldn't come back permanently? None of the new pavilions have strayed so far that the original icon wouldn't fit--even the old Horizons icon would fit all right with Mission:
Space.

I bring this up not just bc I like the old icons, but to bring them back and maybe put them on the directional signs in FW, would add some unifying element to the theming in FW--something they sorely need now that the original EC font only remains on SSE, WOL, and Living Seas... The icons would be a fun, non-obtrusive way to knit everything together...

Ditto on the retro merch...I'd take one of everything...and while we're at it how some some merch with the OLD WDW logo!!!!!

Andrew

MiklCraw4d

Yep...

ajrwdwgirl said:
For the anniversary I wish they would bring back the original music for Illuminations. It was so much better than Reflections of Earth. I loved when the cuckoo came on for Germany and Rhaphsody in Blue would always give me the chills.

Rhapsody in Blue always gave me the chills too. That was a very cool moment. I do miss the giant spotlights going up in the air and swerving to highlight each country. That being said, I think RoE is amazing. Maybe it could be expanded for the 25th to include a segment based on the older show.

And yes, if they do put out retro merch with the logos I will go broke instantly.

djmatthews

How big do we think the 25th Celebration will be? Do you think it'll be like the 25th of MK? When is this 18 month (no doubt) celebration likely to begin?

Also speaking of Retro merchandise, I was at MK yesterday with my girlfriend, and she was looking at clothes, of course, (lol) and she found a girls shirt with a print of the 4 park icons done in glitter, and the pic of SSE for Epcot was the SSE from wayyy back when it still had the HUGE color changing Lucite statue columns in front of it in the middle of the fountain... was very cool to see.

PaisleyMF

One think that Apple in the 90's make a statmen over One Infinite Loop was their Icons this huge icons with some of the tools, applications and cursors. Why not move Leave a Legacy that some say is an Eyesore some say is nice and place the Original EPCOT Icons or Logos. They can have some fiber optics to do some special effects or they can be made with LCD like the Globe Barge in Illuminations RoE and play some videos of the rides that where.

Epcot82Guy

I actually would love to see a brand new set of logos across the board (I actually designed a set myself very quickly, and they work well, so I'm sure Disney could design some great ones! - let me know if anyone wants to see them :lol: ). You could have key chains that spin from the old logo to the new logo, tshirts with both, etc. I think it would be great to rehab SSE very well, bring COP or Horizons (I like the name "New Horizons" personally) into Innoventions, and rennovate Oddysey into a new restaurant (my idea is Nations!, an international buffet service where a display kitchen broadcasts live to the tables with dishes that then are served on the line. Add a second level. This also gives a "chefs table" reservation where people sit as a direct audience and get to sample as it is being made.) Regardless, I think Epcot needs some minor changes and major work to make it look great again. I also really like the idea of adding major set pieces and displays into the World Showplace.

Biggest thing, create a full working model of Walt's Epcot to follow SSE that is interactive.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Another awsome Idea is to see a new CD & DVD Combo commemorating the 25th year. Featuring old & new attractions on the DVD and on the CD the best of the best of Epcot.

diddy_mouse

i'm looking foward to what's in store for Epcot's 25th. i think retro merchandise is a fabulous idea as is making Odyssey into a nice little anniversary spot. also, nods to Epcot past, such as the dedication plaques (as aformentioned) old logos, and bring back the old IllumiNations soundtrack. i came across that yesterday and was like: "wow, i totally forgot about that!"

very curious to see whats up Disney's sleeve for the anniversary...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom