Restaurants participating in the Dining Plan in 2010 vs 2011

SpykeYs

Original Poster
Hi Guys,

Guess what?? I am going back to Walt Disney World for the 5th time in 6 years... A lot of my friends think that I am nut, but oh well.. So be it..

In the Dining plan brochure for 2011, a lot of restaurants are not participating anymore to the DP. By a lot, I mean at least 15..

Dining plan brochure for 2010: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...alog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Dining.pdf

Dining plan brochure for 2011: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...alog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2011Dining.pdf

For example, let's take Planet Hollywood in Downtown disney. It is in the 2010 brochure but it's not in the 2011.

However, if you go on the Walt Disney Online Dining Reservation, you still can reserve Planet Hollywood in 2011..

I called WDW DINE and they told me that the Dining Plan locations for 2011 is not official yet.

What do you guys think ? Will they remove that many restaurants ? What if I book a reservation and in 2011 they decide it's not part of the Dining Plan anymore ?

Thanks for the feedback!

BeanSz

Be patient -- by the end of the year, the lists will essentially be the same. I panicked during one of my trips a few years ago. Apparently there is some process where they work through signing up each restaurant -- not sure if this is based on who runs each or what. The brochure will change. I am planning my 2011 trip -- I am using the 2010 list for planning purposes.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
DTD restaurants are usually the last to be finalized. No worries, they almost always all make it back.

tampabrad

If it is already on the official list, contracts have been finalized. Some of the non Disney owned places take a bit more time to finalize contracts but will eventually be added on, especially if they were on the year prior. Most of the restaurants in DTD, DAK, and Boardwalk are not owned and operated by Disney.

Rob562

And a side note on a point mentioned by the OP...
A restaurant's participation has no effect on whether or not you can make reservations for it online or over the phone. (Though I don't know what happens when you throw that "Only show participating restaurants" checkbox into the equation) There are quite a few restaurant who are not on the DDP (and never have been) that you can still make reservations for. (For example, I can go online and make a ressie for Bistro de Paris in France, and it does not accept the DDP)

This also goes the other way, in that there are some places that accept the DDP, but don't take reservations at all. (ESPN Club, Beaches n Cream and Big River Grille spring to mind)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom