restaurants near Pop Century Resort

leelee

I will soon be staying at Pop Century. Would like to go to breakfast at Ponderosa. Heard there are 2 on International Drive. Are they far away from the hotel. Does it make sense to drive to Ponderosa and then come back to Pop Century to take the bus to WDW?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I don't know anything about the Ponderosas, but if they're on International Drive, they're probably about a 15-20 minute drive away (but rush hour traffic could extend that).

As for driving or riding buses after that, I think that comes down to personal preferences. The biggest reason to drive rather than take a bus is it will save you the bus wait time after you're already out and about.

Personally I'd probably drop off the car and take a bus so I don't have to fight traffic and parking lot crowds.

:wave:

Upvote 0

Phosphate

leelee said:
I will soon be staying at Pop Century. Would like to go to breakfast at Ponderosa. Heard there are 2 on International Drive. Are they far away from the hotel. Does it make sense to drive to Ponderosa and then come back to Pop Century to take the bus to WDW?

Define Far? As garyhoov mentioned it would be about 15 minutes to I drive(depending on how fast you drive and traffic), there are a few ponderosa's on 17-92 which may be a tad closer then I-Drive.

The problem with the I-Drive locations is if you were planning to take I-4 and you go the right time 8-9am you may get stuck in some pretty heavy traffic during the weekdays.

Here is a list of the locations
http://www.ponderosasteakhouses.com/scripts/database.asp?state=FL

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
If I were you I wouldn't leave the property. Instead I would go eat at the Trail's End buffet at Fort Wilderness. It is a cheap breakfast, only $10. It would save a lot of hassle, unless you really have your heart set on Ponderosa.

Upvote 0

TravisMT81

ajrwdwgirl said:
If I were you I wouldn't leave the property. Instead I would go eat at the Trail's End buffet at Fort Wilderness. It is a cheap breakfast, only $10. It would save a lot of hassle, unless you really have your heart set on Ponderosa.

there is a Sizzler close to crossroads

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom