Restaurants for the non-Disneyphile/Foodie

Hockey89

I really enjoyed Tiffins. I tried the octopus which was out of my wheel house but it was very good and the pictures of me eating it were worth the price of admission.
I had the Octopus as well and it was very good.... I tend to order it if it is on a menu.

DISR

I actually had a slight preference for the octopus at Tiffins over Capa. That is pretty high praise for the Tiffins dish.

Janir

Ohana was actually his request, so I think that one's non-negotiable. He seemed more enthused about Morimoto as well, although we also kicked around Wine Bar George. Jiko was my top choice.

Like I said, my primary research has been DFB, which rates (as of last accounting, I think) Le Cellier above California Grill and Flying Fish. It is nice to have options.
I'll +1 the Flying Fish. The service is great there as well. The food was soo good it turned my non-seafood eating wife into someone who likes scallops. I've attaboys 2 waiters with management there two separate times.

Hockey89

I'll +1 the Flying Fish. The service is great there as well. The food was soo good it turned my non-seafood eating wife into someone who likes scallops. I've attaboys 2 waiters with management there two separate times.
I've never had a bad meal at Flying Fish Café which is surprising with the up and down of sig places...

Ariel1986

Ohana was actually his request, so I think that one's non-negotiable. He seemed more enthused about Morimoto as well, although we also kicked around Wine Bar George. Jiko was my top choice.

Like I said, my primary research has been DFB, which rates (as of last accounting, I think) Le Cellier above California Grill and Flying Fish. It is nice to have options.

I would definitely not rate Le Cellier over California Grill! Food, atmosphere and service is MUCH higher at CG. Le Cellier is good- sometimes great- but it's been more hit and miss for us and the service can be so so. We waited nearly an hour past our reservation once! CG has never let us down and the food is delicious and definitely foodie orientated.

Chi84

Premium Member
In my experience, California Grill is much better than Le Cellier on every level - food, service, atmosphere, etc. Le Cellier isn't even the best restaurant in Epcot. We would eat there because my son always wanted a steakhouse, but I found it cramped and outdated with spotty service. We also had extensive wait times to be seated. California Grill has great views, a beautiful decor and interesting, creative food.

Jon81uk

Ohana was actually his request, so I think that one's non-negotiable.

Then why can't Artist Point for the Wicked Queen photo be your non-negotiable request? Surely you can both get one meal you really want to do. Reviews seem to say the food is above average for the Snow White meal too.

'Ohana is fine, but maybe quantity over quality, I still enjoyed it. Cali Grill is one of my favourites.

correcaminos

Le Cellier is the one that has a weird cult like following IMO. Either that or people don't know good steak. It's utterly forgettable to us and very cramped there. I'd sooner do the Wave than Le Cellier or even Grand Floridian Cafe. Le Cellier IMO is just way over hyped. California Grill no questions asked is far superior.

One of our best meals consistently has been Spice Road. Great food and choices and a lovely view. I'd do that for dinner over Le Cellier in a heart beat.

Hockey89

Le Cellier is the one that has a weird cult like following IMO. Either that or people don't know good steak. It's utterly forgettable to us and very cramped there. I'd sooner do the Wave than Le Cellier or even Grand Floridian Cafe. Le Cellier IMO is just way over hyped. California Grill no questions asked is far superior.

One of our best meals consistently has been Spice Road. Great food and choices and a lovely view. I'd do that for dinner over Le Cellier in a heart beat.
Yeah, I don't get the Le Cellier either..... Some people don't know good steak, I guess... It is so cramped in there and the service is slow.... Always delayed getting the table... I wouldn't go back if someone else was paying

ppet

Well you may think I don't know good steak, But I love Le Cellier, never had a bad experience or plate there. The only comment I will agree with is the crowding. Very small dining area that is packed.

Chi84

Premium Member

Totally agree. Cali Grill has a light, airy atmosphere with beautiful views. Le Cellier is a dark cellar with views of your neighbors’ food.

correcaminos

Yeah, I don't get the Le Cellier either..... Some people don't know good steak, I guess... It is so cramped in there and the service is slow.... Always delayed getting the table... I wouldn't go back if someone else was paying
My husband was looking at menus. He's a steak lover through and through. He asked to eat at Le Cellier and I told him he already did. He forgot. My times there have been less than stellar. I'd rather eat at Outback than Le Cellier.

J_Carioca

Another vote for Sanaa.

I love Ohana but it's more about the atmosphere than the food. Except for the dessert. The dessert is worth the price of admission on its own. Also, the bread is amazing. And the salad dressing. Okay, I like the food at Ohana a lot.

Avoid the Moroccan table service restaurant at Epcot. It gets good reviews but if you're used to middle eastern food you'll find it bland and dull.

starri42

Original Poster
I love Ohana but it's more about the atmosphere than the food. Except for the dessert. The dessert is worth the price of admission on its own. Also, the bread is amazing. And the salad dressing. Okay, I like the food at Ohana a lot.
Ohana was recommended to him by a co-worker, so I think that's why he latched on. He did rethink it a bit when I told him more about the show aspects of it. So I may end up swapping out California Grill for Ohana after all.

Since the majority were saying so, I changed Le Cellier to Monsieur Paul. At least I have time to change my mind.

correcaminos

Avoid the Moroccan table service restaurant at Epcot. It gets good reviews but if you're used to middle eastern food you'll find it bland and dull.
Marrakesh used to be so much better. Then they dumbed down the food. The skewers are still okay but most things are very bland for Mediterranean food (it's not middle eastern style tbh - that's further east)

The desserts are now so sweet I skip and go to Spice Road which is a better blend of different Med. style foods.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom