Restaurants for Large Parties

4everWDW

Original Poster
We're going to the World in December for our Family Reunion There will be 15 people! Anyone have any experience with large groups and dining? Do you have to split up at every meal? Any restaurants capable of handling larger groups? Any info/tips/suggestions will be sooo appreciated!

rufio

I booked reservations at Grand Floridian Cafe and Rainforest Cafe for a party of ten and was told by both that we would be at different tables.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For parties of that size, there is about a 90% chance that you will be getting split up into multiple tables at most Disney restaurants. A few of the restaurants will have private rooms where you will be guaranteed same table seating, but they will need to be specifically reserved.

ExtinctJenn

There's many table service restaurants on property than can (and will) accomodate large parties as long as you have ADRs well in advance and those ADRs are for the entire party. If they are separated (i.e. one ADR for 9 people and one for 6 people) it's unlikely you'll be together (or even near each other).

One place I've seen many huge groups together before has been Whispering Canyon (at Wilderness Lodge). Another at 'Ohana. I think you have a better chance at the resort restaurants than in the parks but try and see!

4everWDW

Original Poster
There's many table service restaurants on property than can (and will) accomodate large parties as long as you have ADRs well in advance and those ADRs are for the entire party. If they are separated (i.e. one ADR for 9 people and one for 6 people) it's unlikely you'll be together (or even near each other).

One place I've seen many huge groups together before has been Whispering Canyon (at Wilderness Lodge). Another at 'Ohana. I think you have a better chance at the resort restaurants than in the parks but try and see!

Thank you for your reply! We did book ADR's at various restaurants, but not at any resorts. Didn't think of that!
We don't mind being split up into a couple of tables as long as we can eat at the same time and, hopefully, sit not too far from each other. Planning for this large group has been a little more complicated than planning for just the two of us! Hope it all works out!

tigsmom

We went with a group of 9 people and were able to be seated at one table in the WL (the oblong tables can be pushed together), Chef Mickey's and another place whose name escapes me; just be sure to let them know you would like to sit together or at adjoing tables if possible. Let me offer one piece of advice... do not try to spend every minute of every day together. While we always had breakfast & dinner together we did split up some during the day (a must if there are kids, teens and adults) because not everyone had the same priorities.

jlevis

We're going early august and there will be 14 of us. I made ADR's at 3 restaurants and I expect to be split up. That's okay as long as they give the check to someone at the other table. :D

LizC

Hmm... I am dissapinted to read all of this. I am going with a group of 9 in October and I was expecting to mostly sit with my group during our many ADR's. I did see the disclaimer, but assumed we would only be split up if the restaurants were VERY busy. Oh well, still going to WDW! :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hmm... I am dissapinted to read all of this. I am going with a group of 9 in October and I was expecting to mostly sit with my group during our many ADR's. I did see the disclaimer, but assumed we would only be split up if the restaurants were VERY busy. Oh well, still going to WDW! :)
The restaurants will do everything they can to sit you together, but some of that will depend on you as they also want to get you seated as quickly as possible. If you let them know that you do not mind waiting a few extra minutes to get your tables next to each other it will give the CMs a few more options.

LizC

The restaurants will do everything they can to sit you together, but some of that will depend on you as they also want to get you seated as quickly as possible. If you let them know that you do not mind waiting a few extra minutes to get your tables next to each other it will give the CMs a few more options.
Thanks, that is good to know. :)

4everWDW

Original Poster
Yes, I will be pleasantly surprised if we are not split up with a party of 15! But we did make an ADR at Beirgarten so maybe we'll be OK there! We've been to WDW several times but never with such a large group .... and they're ALL family. What was I thinking!!!!! Hope we're all still on talking terms after this trip!!! I think "tigsmom" had the right idea .... " Let me offer one piece of advice... do not try to spend every minute of every day together."

coltow

DO NOT PANIC. We traveled with 15 a few years back. We expected to be split up and when I heard split up I was thinking we would be a opposite ends of restaurants, not the case. At Ohana, Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Table we were all seated together. At Liberty Tree Tavern & Hollywood & Vine we were all seated at seprate tables but still next to each other. We could still talk to each other and get pictures if we wanted with out disturbing other guests.

jlevis

..." Let me offer one piece of advice... do not try to spend every minute of every day together."

Good advice! Our group is all family too. We'll not be together all the time. We're staying a different, but nearby, timeshares and one son does have water park tickets. So, by necessity, we'll have away time.

OwensFab5

We often travel with a party of 13 and we have either always been sat together or split into two table that are back to back. We usually put the children who range from 14 to 5 at one table and the adults at the other. Same places we have eaten at Coral Reef (2 tables), Le Cellier, 'Ohana, Boma, Cape May (2 tables and once the private room), Tony's, Liberty Tree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom