Restaurant to replace Alfredos confirmed by company today at 3:35 PM

JikoMarie

Personally I'm most curious about the interactive component that they talk about in terms of this new restaurant. I wonder what they have in mind.

German born, French trained! Disney has missed the mark again it would sound. Naples is considered in all professional restaurant reviews as typical Italian American cuisine not worthy of visiting. ... Splichel should stay out of it, hire an Italian to develop and run, not a french/german/american/chef, whatever he does.

Splichal is an amazing chef who has certainly proved himself in America and worldwide. I did search outside of Disney and I saw some amazing reviews of his work. You don't have to be born in Italy to make excellent Italian food. The cooking he does now is very much French and Italian-influenced.

Those prices are ridiculous. NO FOOD ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD IS WORTH THAT MUCH. It's just food it goes in the same way as McDonald's and comes out the same. I understand there is alot more preparation that goes into their food but come on. Prices in the park are already too high. Oh well though there are always people who love to waste money. Those are the people who believe in the Finer Things In Life. What a joke! Life is what you make it.

I personally think that this is offensive to anyone who finds their calling in cooking (like my DH2B) or anyone who is careful about what they put in their bodies and the companies they support (McDonald's is certainly not on my list) or who simply has a passion for eating. This is your opinion but as it is people in the food industry are extremely underpayed and underappreciated and it's because of attitudes like this. There's a difference between food preparation (flipping a burger at McDonalds) and cooking (a trade and a art). So if you don't want to eat there that's fine but to say that those of us who do and are glad that Disney is finally starting to take care in the food they serve and the dining atmosphere they provide are wasting money is ridiculous. The bigger waste of money is to pay 5 bucks for a horrific excuse for a hamburger made without care or nutrients.

fizzle75

I Love Alfredo's and will miss it dearly. I just got back from our recent WDW visit about 2 hours ago.:cry: We ate at Alfredo's (for the last time:( ) yesterday for lunch and as usual we loved it. I will miss the Trittico Di Pasta!!! Anyhoo, that's my two cents. Look for my trip report sometime tomorrow or Monday.:wave:

Tim G

Not if it's information meant to be shared with a guest:wave: The notice of confidentiality deals with materials that are confidential or privileged, this is neither.
The portal only displays what management wants it to display... in other words... it means nothing... it's mostly a breef info for ride castmembers... nothing more, nothing less...

barrymoss

I'm going to miss Alfredo's. I really liked the unique way they had of preparing fettuccine (which I guess is actually the original). Although I've heard a lot of people didn't care for it that much, it was almost always full anytime I dined there.

I really hope the new place is even better. Disney has some fantastic restaurants and it has some disappointments. For example, I've really enjoyed the San Angel Inn, and Chefs de France, but the Nine Dragons just doesn't live up to its potential nor do the restaurants over the Japan pavillion. The Coral Reef has great atmosphere and I've had some great meals there and some disappointments.

Traveler

Was at Disneyland last week.
Ate at Naples while there, thought it was very good. Reasonably priced, not the price frame someone had listed earlier. Brick oven pizza, pasta dishes 16-25 dollars on average. Didn't take reservations of any kind, first come-first served. Had a seated restaurant as well as a take out door.
I am looking forward to the addition for our next trip to DW.

JikoMarie

Was at Disneyland last week.
Ate at Naples while there, thought it was very good. Reasonably priced, not the price frame someone had listed earlier. Brick oven pizza, pasta dishes 16-25 dollars on average. Didn't take reservations of any kind, first come-first served. Had a seated restaurant as well as a take out door.
I am looking forward to the addition for our next trip to DW.

Those prices seem to be around what I would figure the ones in the new Italian restaurant will be. I imagine that it will take reservations, though, since most table service restaurants in the World do, especially the ones in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom