Restaurant suggestions please

indycindy

Original Poster
Hello, and thank you (in advance) for bothering to read this thread and offer your advice.

I am going to WDW for 8 days in Oct. So far, we have ADRs for the following:

Crystal Palace (lunch)
Cinderella's table (supper)
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Akershus (breakfast)
Boma (breakfast)
The Wave (breakfast)
Kona (breakfast)
Sci Fi Cafe (supper)
and we are going to try to have lunch at Be Our Guest

So, as you can see, I like to have breakfast out, and we don't have many fancy or special dinners planned. I'm mainly trying to plan for meals that my daughters will enjoy. However, I WOULD like to have an extra yummy dinner for DH and I to look forward to. So, what do you think is the very best 1 table credit restaurant at either Epcot or on the Boardwalk? I currently have reservations at 7:10 at Rosé and Crown. I was hoping that we could watch Illuminations from there, but I'm afraid that our reservations are TOO late to be able to sit there for Illuminations, AND, I was wondering if we would even really enjoy Rose and Crown that much (anyone eaten there? Thoughts?). Is it a great place to view Illuminations, and would we be able to stretch out our dinner long enough to watch it or would they try to shoo us off before?

ALSO......I'm considering canceling one of the breakfasts. If it was you, which one would you cancel?

Thanks so much for your thoughts and advice!

copcarguyp71

We have always had a great meal (and ultimate Margarita) at San Angel Inn. I know there are tons of bad reviews of it here and other sites but we have eaten there four times and had great food and service each time. No matter what it sounds like you have some great dining experiences ahead of you so enjoy!;)

Genie of the Lamp

At Epcot, Restaurant Merrakesh or Teppan Edo aren't bad options (perfer Merrakesh as I love the environment and location of that restaurant). For Boardwalk, you have the ESPN Zone/Club Restaurant, Flying Fish Cafe (a bit pricey) and Kouzzina by Cat Cora. Never eaten at R&C yet, so can't give you insight there, however it is a great place to view Illuminations. In terms of Cancelling a breakfast, I'd drop the Chef Mickey's ADR. Not impressed as much with that place as I used to be. Hope this helps.:)

HouCuseChickie

Kouzzina at Boardwalk was the first thing that came to mind. We also really enjoyed Rose & Crown when we ate there and would recommend it.

As for breakfast to drop, The Wave is the one I'd drop. While I was only so/so on Akershus breakfast (prefer lunch and dinner there), I still think your daughter would enjoy it if she's into princesses. We've also had good experiences with Chef Mickey's breakfast (miles better than dinner) and both Boma and Kona get high marks from many members of WDW Magic.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Coral Reef is a pretty good 1 dining credit place to eat at Epcot. Neat experience with the huge aquarium on one side of the restaurant. As for breakfast, drop any place except for Boma.

real mad hatter

Well we had a ADR for Rosé & Crown in 2010 and asked for seating by the waters edge..Our ADR was for 7.30pm..We took our time and had desserts and a bottle of wine..Our server had no problem with us come 9.00 PM..Oh the food was ok,just the usual British cuisine,Nout fancy.;)

DisneyDebNJ

Kouzzina at Boardwalk was the first thing that came to mind. We also really enjoyed Rose & Crown when we ate there and would recommend it.

As for breakfast to drop, The Wave is the one I'd drop. While I was only so/so on Akershus breakfast (prefer lunch and dinner there), I still think your daughter would enjoy it if she's into princesses. We've also had good experiences with Chef Mickey's breakfast (miles better than dinner) and both Boma and Kona get high marks from many members of WDW Magic.
Exactly my thoughts Sandy.. Big fan of Chef Mickey's and Kona for breakfast (not dinner) and I would swap out The Wave for Rose and Crown. I have never eaten at Akershus, but hear from alot that it's the 2nd best place to take little Princesses for breakfast (CRT being #1) Of course my fav restaurant is Ohana (dinner) and it's a hop, skip and a monorail ride away from MK.

tsaintc

Il Mulino New York Trattoria @ the Swan is outstanding. Best Italian on WDW property hands down. I pretty sure that they do not take the DDP, but it would be worth paying out of pocket.

If you want to stick to DDP venues, Restaurant Merrakesh is excellent, and we always enjoy San Angel Inn (do not believe the bad hype on this site).

OldYeller

Not for nothing but don't forget about the wine and food festival at epcot in Oct. May want to forego a reservation or two and break the CS or TS into snacks and hit the kiosks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom