Restaurant dinner recommendations

natalia1681

Original Poster
What are your restaurant dinner recommendations?
We already have PS for Sci-Fi Dine In, Nine Dragons, Chef Mickey's, and Crystal Palace.

Any other recommendations? I need one more. I was thinking of Ohana but feel a little weary about the new menu.

Would love your suggestions!

Thanks!

42 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

tigsmom

How about the Whispering Canyon Cafe in the WL? Or maybe the Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club or the Yachtsman Steakhouse in the Yacht Club?
I love Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco (esp at lunch).
The Liberty Tree Tavern in MK for either lunch or a character dinner (all you care to eat).

I'm sure there will be many other suggestions. :wave:

swimmom

The proposed menu change isn't going to stop us from going to 'Ohana. Yes I will miss the pineapple with carmel, but the other changes are rather minor. Whispering Canyon is a lot of fun too. The menu is mostly BBQ. We haven't been to Cape May or Chef Mickey, but they are on our list of restaurants that we want to try. If you like steak LeCellier is a great place to get steak and the pretzel bread & cheese soup are great too.

dflye

The first place that comes to mind doesn't exist anymore. :(

What was the name of the fine dining place that used to be in the riverboat moored at DD, before it became Fulton's Crab House? Empress something or other? That was the first place I'd ever eaten that required a coat and tie for the gentlemen and a dress for the ladies! Good thing Disney was selling some decent Mickey suspenders and ties at that point! :lol:

The service there was incredible, seemed like each table had several cast members devoted fulltime to keeping the guests happy beyond their wildest dreams. Then again, it cost about what Victoria and Albert's does at the GF. :eek:

As to what is currently available, and somewhat different in location and menu from your current selections, I'd recommend Boma as a good finish to a day spent at the AK, it has a reasonably priced buffet that will knock your socks off, and is adjacent to the AK.

mrtoad

The Empress Lilly named after Walt's wife.

I think the boat is still names that just the name of the restaurant is different.

Fulton's is very good as well.

Mike

dflye said:

What was the name of the fine dining place that used to be in the riverboat moored at DD, before it became Fulton's Crab House? Empress something or other? That was the first place I'd ever eaten that required a coat and tie for the gentlemen and a dress for the ladies! Good thing Disney was selling some decent Mickey suspenders and ties at that point! :lol:

The service there was incredible, seemed like each table had several cast members devoted fulltime to keeping the guests happy beyond their wildest dreams. Then again, it cost about what Victoria and Albert's does at the GF. :eek:

As to what is currently available, and somewhat different in location and menu from your current selections, I'd recommend Boma as a good finish to a day spent at the AK, it has a reasonably priced buffet that will knock your socks off, and is adjacent to the AK.

colliera

Dinning room name

dflye said:
What was the name of the fine dining place that used to be in the riverboat moored at DD, before it became Fulton's Crab House?

The dinning room was called the Empress Room while the boat itself was called The Empress Lilly, (after Walt's wife Lilly). By the standards of the day it was very expensive but is on par with the cost of the average sit down meal today - inflation.

There was a harp being played on the landing to the stairway up to the room by an entertainment CM. There used to be a server named Arthur that was always in the promotional photos in the brochures of that era that I had the pleasure of being served. It was a class act all the way.

Comparable locations that come to mind are the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort, The Brown Derby at Disney Studios, and Victoria's and Albert's at the Grand Floridian.

Buried20KLeague

natalia1681 said:
What are your restaurant dinner recommendations?
We already have PS for Sci-Fi Dine In, Nine Dragons, Chef Mickey's, and Crystal Palace.

Any other recommendations? I need one more. I was thinking of Ohana but feel a little weary about the new menu.

Would love your suggestions!

Thanks!

42 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

I might suggest Boma if you're a little adventurous... Some feel it's one of the best restaurants on property...

Whispering Canyon Cafe gets a vote from me for the atmosphere, BIG time. It's always a blast to eat there. Make sure you ask for ketchup. :p

And I know you didn't ask about dinner shows, potentially... But if you haven't seen Hoop De Doo Musical Review... It's WELL worth the time and money. It's a blast, great show... Food is decent, but again, the atmosphere is what makes the experience.

And I've got you beat... 18 days for us!!! WOOHOO!!!! :wave:

cherrynegra

I would highly recommend Bistro de Paris. They have a four course tasting menu that is to die for!! Delicious!! I would also highly recommend Jiko's, Boma's, Spoodle's and California Grill. I've really enjoyed having dinner at California Grill and then walking out to view Wishes. It's really a special treat.

lawyergirl77

summergirl32 said:
Artist Point is really good. The buffalo steak and cobbler are to die for!
*collapses in puddle of drool at thought of Artist Point*

:slurp:

Ate there last Sunday. I have yet to taste something there that I didn't like. I finally got to take a wine flight too, which was awesome!! :sohappy:

dflye

lawyergirl77 said:
*collapses in puddle of drool at thought of Artist Point*

:slurp:

Ate there last Sunday. I have yet to taste something there that I didn't like. I finally got to take a wine flight too, which was awesome!! :sohappy:
While I've only been there once a few years ago, the atmosphere and menu was great at that time!

Not sure if they still have the venison steak and rabbit sausage plate (which I like to call the Bambi and Thumper special :eek: ) but it was pretty darn tasty! :lol:

ssidiouss@mac.c

My favorite places to eat in Disney World are :

1. Liberty Tree Tavern .. theres no place more disney that this to me. It is right in the magic kingdom.. it is fully themed and when you walk in you feel transported to another time and place. You get to have characters come to your table and interact with you.. and the food is awesome.. like a thanksgiving or xmas day feast!

2. Fultons Crab House .. I love the way this place looks.. just is so pretty at night with all the lights and the inside is so solid with the wood.. just gives a great feeling when you walk up the main staircase to the 2nd level. The food here is the best I ever had anywhere in my life.. especially the crab claws !!!

3. Biergaren .. the food isnt that good here.. just a buffet.. but the atmosphere is awesome.. and it represents what epcot is all about.. when you walk into the place.. u really feel like your walking into germany.. amazing!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

MellieMouse

We were at WDW 2 weeks ago.... I havn't even posted a trip report yet.... but...

Le Cellier..... OMG... it was SO good!
Boma... she crab soup and prime rib.... and zebra domes. I can die happy now.
Fulton's..... yum... yum .....yum
Shutters.... impressed me.... better than I thought it would be!
Restaurant Marrekesh..... wonderful food and atmosphere!

BTW.... we ate at O'Hanas... and the food.. and the dessert was awesome! :)

Aurora_25

Le Cellier is the best
Rose and Crown
For a non-sit down meal we like Cosmic Ray's in MK- Tomorrow Land...
1900 Park Fare in the GF Hotel
Whispering Canyon- Wilderness Lodge

So many to chose from honestly

brich

I just have to throw this in there... When in Downtown Disney, Earl of Sandwich rocks!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom