Restaurant Dilemma

Grumpy56

I just found out that some friends of ours from the West coast will be in Orlando the same time as us and we are going to get together for dinner. It has to be a resort restaurant because not everyone in the party will have park tickets. So far I have PS for 8 people for Boma one night and Spoodles the next. I don't want to break the bank because we'll be picking up the whole check. Boma sounds like a neat experience but one member of the party is from South Africa, I'm wondering if going there will be fun for her or redundant. Any ideas for other places? I'm not sure what night will get together yet so I thought I'd make at least two PS and then cancel when we firm our plans. Thanks for any help

markymark

We went to BOMA last year and found it to be a truly unique experience. It is worth going to to get a good sight of the AKL (unless you are staying there already!).

I loved it and will be going again this year. And I have just one thing to say for desert, you HAVE to try the Zebra Domes! :slurp:

Upvote 0

crazykingdom

Account Suspended
I would look into O'Hana's at the Polynesian. Great theming and great food. Also try The Mayan Grille at Coronado Springs. I suggest the Pumpkin seed incrusted snapper. Yummy!

Upvote 0

TURKEY

If you aren't breaking the bank after 2 dinners of 8 at pretty expensive resturants plus 15% automatic tip added, then WOW.

Go to Boma's anyway. It may help you get to know that person better by having a little better perspective of the area she is from.

O'Hana's is great.

I can't think of any more classier resturants because I couldn't ever afford to go to any.

Upvote 0

tmm7899

The Yaytsman steakhouse is wonderful, Flying Fish Cafe at the boardwalk is very nice. I also like Wolf Gang Pucks in Downtown.

If I knew what you meant by "break the bank" I would be able to help you a little more.

Upvote 0

2much2do

Speaking of Wolfgang Pucks......... Is it reallyworth all that money???? I read somewhere that their entrees range something like $30-$60!!!!!!!!!!!!! For that price, they better be garnished with 24k gold leaves!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Originally posted by tmm7899
The Yaytsman steakhouse is wonderful, Flying Fish Cafe at the boardwalk is very nice. I also like Wolf Gang Pucks in Downtown.

If I knew what you meant by "break the bank" I would be able to help you a little more.

The Flying Fish Cafe sounds intriguing. When I said "break the bank" I meant I was looking for something more along the lines of Boma and Spoodles in price than say the CA Grill, which we will do w/o our friends. We ate at Wolfgang Pucks at the Califonia Adventure, thought the food was good but overpriced. ANyway thatnks for the suggestions.

Upvote 0

disneycentral

My $.02

I totally agree with your current situation. Both Spoodles and Boma are reasonably priced, and a great place to have a big group of people. Boma's food is great, and I don't think it will be a problem. I am assuming your South African guest is from the west coast, and is just originally from SA. Imagine if you were living abroad and had a chance to go to a restaurant that served food you were used to at home. You would die for the chance, as will she.

I just adore Spoodles, I don't think there is a better value on property. It is great for big groups, and it is always loud, so there is no problem bothering others while you are talking and enjoying yourself.

As for other options, Flying Fish is great, but expensive. Jiko is out of this world, but as expensive as California Grill. The only other reasonably priced option I can think of is Cape May Cafe, but you are still getting up there in price. The food is great, very good selection, and is in a great resort.

Honestly, I would stick with what you have got. I couldn't imagine two finer nights with a big group. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Thanks DisneyCentral!
Great to hear I've made some good choices. We haven't been to WDW for 6 years so we are getting really excited. Exploring the restaurants was one of our favorite things to do so we are really looking forward to trying new places and revisiting a few old favorites
20 days to go!

Upvote 0

Nut4Disney

Wasn't sure if you were including downtown disney in your list of possible choices or not. But, we ate at Bongo's last month when we were down there, and we were not very impressed.

Upvote 0

Terp02

A big YES to Spoodles, really creative food and a fun atmoshphere. If Cape May Cafe is the big buffet at the Yacht and Beach Clubs then definitely go there. It's the BEST buffet food on the property and is probably better than most of the other restaurants. If you don't mind buffets check out Akerhaus (spelling?) at the Norway Pavillion, great food. That's all I can really say since I usually eat most of my meals on the run or at quick eat places.

-Josh

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom