resort tv channel

fleurdemouse

Original Poster
Is there anyway to get the disney world resort today tv channel at home? With today's technology I feel there is so way out there to do this.

fleurdemouse

Original Poster
I've see all the youtube video which are tagged in my favorites it would just be nice to see the wait time, parade, times, music on tv, channel like I was there.

Cmdr_Crimson

I really question this for the residents of Golden Oaks at Walt Disney World....Since it is a neighborhood within the resort what are the chances they also get those channels?

JasonDeyoung

Actually some of my friends who live close to wdw property get them for some odd reason at home. Otherwise no they are resort only unfortunetly

Timon

Golden Oaks - Nope connection to WDW TV. The property is deannexed to Orange County therefore state cable rules apply and cannot be fed from Disney. The company with the contact might insert a Must Do channel though, how up to date it is, remains to be seen.
Locals with Must Do - Brighthouse feeds certain area Hotels with Must Do Disney and if your house/apartment is on that leg of their service you might see it.

Goofyernmost

Actually some of my friends who live close to wdw property get them for some odd reason at home. Otherwise no they are resort only unfortunetly
That would probably because the transmit short range to service the hotels that surround WDW. I have never been to one that didn't have the Resort Channel. Makes sense because most of the people in hotels close by are there to visit WDW.

JasonDeyoung

That would probably because the transmit short range to service the hotels that surround WDW. I have never been to one that didn't have the Resort Channel. Makes sense because most of the people in hotels close by are there to visit WDW.
Probably! It's just funny going to their houses and having those channels in the normal lineup. Wish mine did that lol

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
I've see all the youtube video which are tagged in my favorites it would just be nice to see the wait time, parade, times, music on tv, channel like I was there.
I listen to them all the time on my way to work. it's oddly relaxing. If you ever figure out a way, let me know! haha

danyoung56

Disney provides their own cable system, and as such has the capability to program whatever channels they want, with transmission to Disney properties only. These specialty channels do not exist in the outside world, and as such there is absolutely no way you could get them in your own home, short of someone renting a room, setting up their laptop camera pointing at the tv screen, and Skype-ing the signal to you.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Disney provides their own cable system, and as such has the capability to program whatever channels they want, with transmission to Disney properties only. These specialty channels do not exist in the outside world, and as such there is absolutely no way you could get them in your own home, short of someone renting a room, setting up their laptop camera pointing at the tv screen, and Skype-ing the signal to you.

I am willing to do this for a small fee plus expenses. :)

danyoung56

I'm with you on your first statement. I'd use a tuner to tune to the required channel, and then some type of video ingest system like an Epiphan DVI to USB interface. You're on your own on the 2nd statement, however. I doubt there's any way that you could get to the Disney server with an IP address. You'd have to break through a firewall, and I doubt the average person could do that.

Cmdr_Crimson

Huh? I just learned how to text message.
20553310.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom