Resort TV - Any guesses?

squidward

Original Poster
So yeah, resort TV stinks. Not that we watch a lot of TV on vacation, but there are those breaks in the day or early nights where it'd be nice to have something Disney to watch.

One thing I can not understand for the life of me is why do they show the classic Disney cartoons in their "short version"? I know, stupid question. Why not just play the entire 8 minute toon instead of a 3 minute version that makes no sense? And why not include more than 8 or 9 different cartoons? It's not as if this would cost any money to do.

Cmdr_Crimson

So yeah, resort TV stinks. Not that we watch a lot of TV on vacation, but there are those breaks in the day or early nights where it'd be nice to have something Disney to watch.

One thing I can not understand for the life of me is why do they show the classic Disney cartoons in their "short version"? I know, stupid question. Why not just play the entire 8 minute toon instead of a 3 minute version that makes no sense? And why not include more than 8 or 9 different cartoons? It's not as if this would cost any money to do.

It's not the resort tv's fault...It's Disney itself to blame with there Have a laugh shorts...Edited, Redubbed, and absolutley Horrible...http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Have_a_Laugh!

If you want to stomach a short for an example and see Walt turn in his grave...Watch this...

And if your curious what the original short was like..

slappy magoo

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if the wireless internet connection is strong enough to warrant streaming video? I could easily pack a chromecast and sling netflix/vudu/hulu from my laptop or any other device.

If it's not strong enough, I could also just hook up an HDMI cable from my laptop to the tv, assuming I bring an ethernet connection long enough to reach wherever the input is.

Cmdr_Crimson

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if the wireless internet connection is strong enough to warrant streaming video? I could easily pack a chromecast and sling netflix/vudu/hulu from my laptop or any other device.

If it's not strong enough, I could also just hook up an HDMI cable from my laptop to the tv, assuming I bring an ethernet connection long enough to reach wherever the input is.

Depends on where you stay..The ethernet line in the value rooms is right under the table making it not too far for it to the tv...

Jahona

I stayed at the Coronado Springs a little over a week ago and was able to stream Netflix and HBO GO during the day. At night it was much harder and when I ran local network tests it showed extremely high traffic. Netflix would automatically change resolution to match the bandwidth but HBO GO wasn't as forgiving. This was over WiFi on a tablet with a solid connection. I would assume that plugging into the LAN would give better results than WiFi at peak times.

squidward

Original Poster
It's not the resort tv's fault...It's Disney itself to blame with there Have a laugh shorts...Edited, Redubbed, and absolutley Horrible...http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Have_a_Laugh!

If you want to stomach a short for an example and see Walt turn in his grave...Watch this...

And if your curious what the original short was like..

Exactly. They're awful, make no sense with so much missing. I just don't see why they don't air the entire cartoon.

WDW-LUVR

We are bringing a monitor cable and using the tv as a monitor.

disney4life2008

Resort TV has gotten better back some years ago it was really bad. But I enjoy the disney informational channels and as long as we get the reality tv stations I am happy.

boilerpicc

Resort TV is not the greatest however, watching my DS fall off the bed laughing at Sam Pak the “I love Appliances” man is something I’ll always remember.

Love the Appliance Direct commercials! They were still on last September when we were there, but were no where near as ridiculous as they were a few years ago. White Porcelain!

There used to be a channel that played the full version of the classic Disney cartoons all day long. I really really miss that channel. I've had to settle for the Have a Laugh DVDs in order to show my daughter some of the classic cartoons. YouTube has a bunch of the old ones available as well.

squidward

Original Poster
Love the Appliance Direct commercials! They were still on last September when we were there, but were no where near as ridiculous as they were a few years ago. White Porcelain!

There used to be a channel that played the full version of the classic Disney cartoons all day long. I really really miss that channel. I've had to settle for the Have a Laugh DVDs in order to show my daughter some of the classic cartoons. YouTube has a bunch of the old ones available as well.

That's where I've gotten them from - Youtube. Put them all on DVD.

Cmdr_Crimson

That's where I've gotten them from - Youtube. Put them all on DVD.

The majority of Disney Shorts are...All you have to do is find The Walt Disney Treasures DVD's
DISNEY+TREASURES+DVD+SETS+1.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

If anyone is bored they can always make the list that normally plays...

Steamboat Willie
How to Play Football
Working for Peanuts
Plutopia
Mickey's Fire Brigade
How to Ride a Horse
Disney Singalong: Heigh Ho
Pluto's Fledgling
Donald's Camera
Stand by Me w/ Timon and Pumbaa
Pluto's Housewarming
Mickey's Trailer
Contrary Condor
Pluto and the Armadillo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom