Resort to resort travel question

mrtoad

Original Poster
We are going to WDW on Jan 30th. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside (last minute change from Pop -Whoohoo!).

1st night we will just go into Downdown Disney. But on day two we had wanted to head over to the Contemporary first thing in the morning and try to hop the Monorail up front and head to the MK. Being my daughters first trip we thought it would be cool to start it off that way. Can I drive my car from Port Orleans to the Contemporary and park or will they give me a hard time? Also, I am assuming no buses go from resort to resort anymore? When we were on our honeymoon in 1993 they did but ever since they have not.

Thanks,
Mike

crazydaveh

Mike,

No more resort to resort, at least not the past 6 times I've been there in the past year.

I usually stay at PO, and we like to do what you're doing... We tried to drive over to the Contemp, though they wouldn't let us park there! We went back to PO and parked, took a bus to Downtown DIsney, and then hit the bus for the Contemp, and got on the monorail. This added about 40 minutes to the trip, but if you love the monorail, it's worth it!

Just my thoughts! Have fun!

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by crazydaveh
Mike,

No more resort to resort, at least not the past 6 times I've been there in the past year.

I usually stay at PO, and we like to do what you're doing... We tried to drive over to the Contemp, though they wouldn't let us park there! We went back to PO and parked, took a bus to Downtown DIsney, and then hit the bus for the Contemp, and got on the monorail. This added about 40 minutes to the trip, but if you love the monorail, it's worth it!

Just my thoughts! Have fun!

Dave,

Thanks. I figured you couldn't. They have not our last 4 trips either. I guess I might drive to Downtown Disney and then hop the bus to the Contemporary. My daughter is 3 and 40 extra minutes on a bus would be killer I think. No matter what I will find away. I really want her to ride up front first thing.

Thanks for the reply,
Mike

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by mrtoad
We are going to WDW on Jan 30th. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside (last minute change from Pop -Whoohoo!).

1st night we will just go into Downdown Disney. But on day two we had wanted to head over to the Contemporary first thing in the morning and try to hop the Monorail up front and head to the MK. Being my daughters first trip we thought it would be cool to start it off that way. Can I drive my car from Port Orleans to the Contemporary and park or will they give me a hard time? Also, I am assuming no buses go from resort to resort anymore? When we were on our honeymoon in 1993 they did but ever since they have not.

Thanks,
Mike

I'm not 100% sure, but since disney is checking every car that goes into every resort, i'm not sure you'll be able to pull it off. What you might want to do is to take the bus to the MK and then walk to 2 blocks to the contemporary... and then no worries with the car!

Also mike, go on the concourse and wait, you'll get a good pic! :lol:

mrtoad

Original Poster
Re: Re: Resort to resort travel question

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
I'm not 100% sure, but since disney is checking every car that goes into every resort, i'm not sure you'll be able to pull it off. What you might want to do is to take the bus to the MK and then walk to 2 blocks to the contemporary... and then no worries with the car!

Also mike, go on the concourse and wait, you'll get a good pic! :lol:

I thought of doing that, but am afraid she will know where she is then. We have not told her we are going. She just thinks she is going on a plane. To get her ready she has been watching the WDW planning DVD so if she sees it, she will know.

I might be being silly, I just really wanted her to be in the front of the Monorail when the MK comes into view. Does not hurt that I love doing it too. :animwink:

pepsistar

:) Good Luck!! I hope you can do it!! It is getting very hard to get up front with the driver-- As a lot moe people are aware that it is an option. You might think about taking the bus to Epcot and then take the monorail from there to MK? Problem-- she will see "THE BIG BALL" as my grandson calls it??

Or like you said-- go to downtown and then back-- Can take the bus from PO no car--

Hope it works out for you-- :D

aim

We just got back last week from 2 weeks at WDW. We stayed at POR. And we rented a car. We drove to a few resorts. But the Contemp you can't. They'll make you turn around and leave. The only way to get to the Contemp would be to park at the TTC and take the monorail from there. But you can't take busses to other resorts. Unless you're already at bus stops at a park or DD. When we went to the other resorts, we went to Coronado and Pop. Just have your POR parking thing in the window and they let you on through. Hope this helps a lil! Have a great trip! :wave:

mikesenger

How early do the busses run from Downtown disney? we are staying at the grovesnor in march, and it would easier to walk over to DTD than wait for the crowded hotel bus.

mikesenger

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by pepsistar
:) Good Luck!! I hope you can do it!! It is getting very hard to get up front with the driver-- As a lot moe people are aware that it is an option. You might think about taking the bus to Epcot and then take the monorail from there to MK? Problem-- she will see "THE BIG BALL" as my grandson calls it??

Or like you said-- go to downtown and then back-- Can take the bus from PO no car--

Hope it works out for you-- :D

If we did that she would know for sure. From watching the DVD, she thinks SSE is Epcot - or how she says Etcot.

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by WDW*babe
We just got back last week from 2 weeks at WDW. We stayed at POR. And we rented a car. We drove to a few resorts. But the Contemp you can't. They'll make you turn around and leave. The only way to get to the Contemp would be to park at the TTC and take the monorail from there. But you can't take busses to other resorts. Unless you're already at bus stops at a park or DD. When we went to the other resorts, we went to Coronado and Pop. Just have your POR parking thing in the window and they let you on through. Hope this helps a lil! Have a great trip! :wave:

Thanks. I wonder why the Contemporary is treated differently. I think I will just do the Downtown Disney thing. I will look into the bus start times from Downtown.

Thanks,
Mike

PhilharMagician

You could go take a bus from the PO to Epcot ad then hop the Monorail to the transportation center then change to the Monorail to the Contemporary. The only trick is to kepp her from looking towards MK. This is a good view of MK.

aim

Originally posted by mrtoad
Thanks. I wonder why the Contemporary is treated differently. I think I will just do the Downtown Disney thing. I will look into the bus start times from Downtown.

Thanks,
Mike

I think it's because of how many people would like to park so close to the MK. You could always try to go to the Poly or Grand Floridian. I think that the Contemp is the last resort before MK. But I could be wrong.

mrtoad

Original Poster
Originally posted by WDW*babe
I think it's because of how many people would like to park so close to the MK. You could always try to go to the Poly or Grand Floridian. I think that the Contemp is the last resort before MK. But I could be wrong.

You are probably right about why they do it. I was told the Contemporary was the first stop after the Magic Kingdom, then you would cycle through all the rest getting back to the MK last, that was why I chose it. I might do the Poly instead. I will find some way. Last resort though, we will go to Downtown Disney and bus it from there.

The reason I want to do it so bad is, when I was a kid taking the Monorail to Mk was the way we traveled. I just wanted my daughter to experience it 1st time there. After all this, it might not even phase her - but I doubt it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom