Resort suggestions during the Epcot Food and Wine Festival

calway

Original Poster
Just found this forum thanks to ?? not sure who sent me in this direction. I'm looking at September and after Labor Day as it should be not as crowded according to an article I read. I stayed at the campground about 8 years ago. I'll be looking for something affordable on property. Any suggestions? I hope to stay a week and hit all of the parks. Does Disney still do hopper passes? It will be just the two of us.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
If you are looking for something affordable and close to Epcot I would try either the Swan or Dolphin or Caribbean Beach. If you want to spend a little more you can try the Yacht Club, Beach Club, or Boardwalk Inn. Caribbean Beach you cannot walk to, but the bus ride will be shorter than some of the other resorts.

jaklgreen

The cheapest is the value resorts, the all stars. Unless you want to tent camp. Which I do not recommend in one of the hottest most humid months down there. Have you looked yet on the website and priced things out? That would be a better way to go then asking here for prices. Just put in your dates and all of the available resorts will pop up with prices.

calway

Original Poster
day hopper passes are really expensive now. Like $50-$75 more.

Hopper becomes cheaper the more days you are there.
If you have the annual pass then Hopper and free parking and memory maker are included.

Do you plan on going to Epcot alot for the food and wine. If so then I would think a hotel adjacent to the boardwalk lagoon would be where you would want to be.
I like that idea..not sure I can afford it. I stayed at Port Orleans before which seemed reasonable. We'll be going to all of thee parks.

calway

Original Poster
Yea, I second the Epcot Resorts for a Food and Wine trip. Beach, Yacht, Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin.
I meant they aren't WDW property?

Typically you'll find that Swan and Dolphin has a much better rate than Beach, Yacht and Boardwalk.
Aren't Swan and Dolphin Disney property. I was hoping to stay at a WDW property in hopes of getting free food for the week as I've gotten in the past.

Epcotfan21

Aren't Swan and Dolphin Disney property. I was hoping to stay at a WDW property in hopes of getting free food for the week as I've gotten in the past.
They are on property, but are not Disney owned hotels. Currently they are Starwood properties and do not participate in free dining.

21stamps

I have never really seen swan and dolphin cheaper, when I go to the website it seems like it is always very expensive, now I have only checked 3 or 4 times, but its never been cheaper when I have looked
Same here. I see so many people post about it, but every time I’ve checked it hasn’t been. I include all of the fees/transportation, not just the room rate. On avg the room itself is around $300 before any fees when I’ve looked. YC, BC, and BWI are about the same when a promotion is going on.

larandtra

Ive gotten Beach Club and yacht club on AP discounts for somewhere in the 250-300 range. Boardwalk is a little more difficult on pricing, but, for F&W, the Boardwalk Resorts are almost a must do if thats where you are spending most of your time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom