Resort Restaurant recommendation

dreday3

Ale & Compass (although we've only eaten the lunch menu - but so good we ate there twice)
Three Bridges at CSR - delicious. I think about the pan con tomate once a week at least! Burger really good too.

Plowboy

Where do I start? Sanaa, Boma, Turf Club, Olivia's, Boatwright's, Big River Grille, (and if you want to Include Disney Springs, Polite Pig, Raglan Road).

Tiki Traveler

Olivia’s and Grand Floridian Cafe (both preCovid) - Todd English’s blue zoo (at The Dolphin) this past November

Please let us know what you picked!

the_rich

Anyone have any favorite resort restaurants. We have a free day in the middle of our trip in September, but lol we still have to eat. Unfortunately my favorite California grill and Citricos are out. we've got a few picky eaters. ;)

TIA
Whispering canyon cafe. My sister is unbelievably picky and she was fine there. I think the food is good for the price and it's a fantastic experience.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Are California Grill and Citricos out because they're unavailable or because of the picky eaters?

littleroo

I also agree with Ale and Compass at the yacht club. Reasonably priced and something for everyone. Homecoming is at the top of list as well. If you have mac n cheese eaters my son said Raglan Road has the best on property.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Picky comes in many flavors as I have learned.

You have the “I’m only eating burgers, chicken, or pizza” variety

You also have the “I’ll try something different as long as it’s made from burgers, chicken, or pizza” types.

And then the “I’ll have a couple of bites of something different as long as I can also order a burger, chicken, or pizza” crowd.

I say give them a couple of options from menus you can obtain online and if there is one thing they’re okay with. Then you make the decision, based on the other 90% of the menu.

“Picky” is not conducive with variety.

ladydi

My extremely picky daughter (think pasta with only butter on top) actually eats at Bomas. She loves their chicken drumsticks and rice. The rest of our family then gets to enjoy trying things out.

LeighM

Since you have picky eaters who prefer comfort foods and are asking about resort dining, have you looked at the menu for Boatwright's at PO Riverside, Olivia's at Old Key West, or Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge? At Disney Springs, I will always recommend Homecomin' and Polite Pig lol. I think Grand Floridian Cafe has enough variety to make everyone happy.

Po'Rich

Boma is my family's favorite. We eat dinner there once each visit. (And my daughter is an extremely fussy eater.)

aladdin2007

I know this is a big thread bump but instead of starting another,,,,anyone been to Maya Grill or Sanaa recently? Just looking for opinions. I know Maya may be standard Mexican food but it looked nice....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
anyone been to Maya Grill or Sanaa recently? Just looking for opinions. I know Maya may be standard Mexican food but it looked nice....
We’ve been to Maya Grill twice in the last year and highly recommend it for ambiance, service and food.

1710068827138.png

1710068873796.png

Chips and salsa are no longer complimentary at Disney restaurants. However the house-made salsas and guac (also tried the queso on a subsequent visit) paired with the warm, crispy chips were worth the price.

1710068919103.png

The entrées are generous portions and the server recommended we share the chicken fajitas since we’d also have plenty of chips and salsa.

1710068942748.png

aladdin2007

We’ve been to Maya Grill twice in the last year and highly recommend it for ambiance, service and food.

View attachment 772289

View attachment 772290

Chips and salsa are no longer complimentary at Disney restaurants. However the house-made salsas and guac (also tried the queso on a subsequent visit) paired with the warm, crispy chips were worth the price.

View attachment 772291

The entrées are generous portions and the server recommended we share the chicken fajitas since we’d also have plenty of chips and salsa.

View attachment 772292
Thank you so much, that's a big help, looks very good and enjoyable. Will give it a try.

Club Cooloholic

I know it's a buffet and we avoided it for years but our last few trips Liberty Tree Tavern has been a must do for us. I too have a picky eater in our group and she loves the pot roast. The dessert is one of my favorites at WDW too. I think they do a good job there, have always had good service and food.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I know it's a buffet and we avoided it for years but our last few trips Liberty Tree Tavern has been a must do for us. I too have a picky eater in our group and she loves the pot roast. The dessert is one of my favorites at WDW too. I think they do a good job there, have always had good service and food.
This thread is specifically for Resort Restaurant recommendations (or Disney Springs). 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom