Resort Refillable Mugs Status?

HairyChest

Original Poster
Are we able to fill up the mugs ourselves now?
Any new designs?
Will the RFID be an issue if Im doing a split stay at 3 different resorts? Im hoping itll work through out my whole stay at all the resorts.

Raxel7851

Your refillable mug is good for 14 days from your day of purchase and can be used at any resort. When we there in May, you could refill your own mug at POP, but could not at GF. I’m hoping things are more back to normal by now so you can refill your own mug anywhere.

Hcalvert

At the Wilderness Lodge in June, it was self-fill and no chip reader. At the Boardwalk in June as well, no chips being read and a CM filled paper cups instead. The CM just needed to see your cup.

crawale

Are we able to fill up the mugs ourselves now?
Any new designs?
Will the RFID be an issue if Im doing a split stay at 3 different resorts? Im hoping itll work through out my whole stay at all the resorts.
Did a split stay last month - no problem. You can fill up the mugs yourself now.

nickys

Premium Member
Your refillable mug is good for 14 days from your day of purchase and can be used at any resort

And to add, if your stay is longer than that, the mug will be valid for the whole period.

Either when you purchase it they can check the dates of your stay(s) and program the end date accordingly (if you ask them) or you can keep the receipt and get the end date extended at a later time.

dreamfinder

The mug will work at multiple resorts for your stay. As @nickys said, hold onto your receipt. If the mug expires while you are still there, they should just give you a new one. I believe they won't technically extend it, just like how you can't reuse a mug on a future trip, but you should be given a new one if they won't. That said, some resorts may be longer than the 14 days. I seem to recall some locations pre-activating them in advance, and when they do that, they added an extra week or two, so if it sat on the shelf for a few days, the guest still got the same 2 week validity.

arich35

How does refillable mugs work when switching resorts? Our first day is a Beach Club then switching to Saratoga Springs, will it stay good for our 5 day trip or do we need someone to reactivate it at Saratoga?

monorail81

How does refillable mugs work when switching resorts? Our first day is a Beach Club then switching to Saratoga Springs, will it stay good for our 5 day trip or do we need someone to reactivate it at Saratoga?
You’re able to use it at any resort filling station for 14 days from the time your purchase it. You won’t need to reactivate it. There is a chip embedded in the cup that the machine will read. It’s not tied to your resort stay at all.

Raxel7851

Taking a refillable mug into a Table Service restaurant I'd have thought would be frowned upon. Just seems like a way to avoid paying for a drink?
See @Tuvalu ’s reply. Although you can use them at any WDW resort QS location, those are the only locations where the refillable mugs can be used for free refills. The mugs are good to use for 14 days from date of purchase. I’m not sure about using them at a pool bar. I’m sure someone can answer that for me.

James J

In the Parks
No
See @Tuvalu ’s reply. Although you can use them at any WDW resort QS location, those are the only locations where the refillable mugs can be used for free refills. The mugs are good to use for 14 days from date of purchase. I’m not sure about using them at a pool bar. I’m sure someone can answer that for me.
Oh I'm fully aware of how they work. I more meant it that if the poster was thinking of taking the mugs into a TS restaurant already filled to drink with their meals, then that's not a good look. And if it was just to re-fill, then that won't work for the reasons stated.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I’m not sure about using them at a pool bar. I’m sure someone can answer that for me.
If the pool bar has the dispensers you can. But it may be just deluxe/DVC resorts that have them. I know for sure you can at Poly, GF, WL, Yacht/Beach.

Prince-1

And now they have new lids. The Mickey head opens up and you can drink directly out of it or put in a straw.

1651351531731.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom