resort mugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

YankeeMouse

Contemporary mugs

Now that they have redecorated the rooms of the Contemporary, have they changed the mugs from the red/purple tops to something more "understated", like black or brown, a new design?

Upvote 0

Lucky

I spoke to a few Cast Members last month about the mugs at the Contemporary. These were CM's that were managers, CM's from the Atrium Club floor & CM's who worked at the Food & Fun Center where they sell the mugs. Well they all told me that they don't care if you bring back old mugs, because they will never say a word about them & since it costs less then 5 cents for the syrup to make these drinks, they don't mind. I am not making this up to cause trouble, just telling you all what I was told. So I am brining a new prespective into this topic.

Of course many of the CMs won't mind, because enforcing rules is one of the less pleasant parts of their job. The $12 lost doesn't come out of their pockets.

Yes, the profit margin on drinks at restaurants (anywhere, not just at WDW) is higher than on just about any other retail product. No, that doesn't mean it's OK to just walk up to a drink machine with your own cup and fill it whenever you feel like it.

Upvote 0

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Of course many of the CMs won't mind, because enforcing rules is one of the less pleasant parts of their job. The $12 lost doesn't come out of their pockets.

Yes, the profit margin on drinks at restaurants (anywhere, not just at WDW) is higher than on just about any other retail product. No, that doesn't mean it's OK to just walk up to a drink machine with your own cup and fill it whenever you feel like it.
That's not the point I am trying to take. I have read post after post, of the "mug police" saying no old mugs are no longer good & you can't use them ever again. So why is that when I say CM's don't mind you brining back old mugs, despite what is written on them & what everyone has said, it's still not good enough of a reason.

Upvote 0

raven

That's not the point I am trying to take. I have read post after post, of the "mug police" saying no old mugs are no longer good & you can't use them ever again. So why is that when I say CM's don't mind you brining back old mugs, despite what is written on them & what everyone has said, it's still not good enough of a reason.

Will a mug from one resort work at another resort then? We might change resorts mid trip. I would hate to buy 2 mugs because of this.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

It is really more along the lines of you stating a fact after asking a few CM's what they thought about the issue. It really has nothing to do with it being right or wrong, but I guess some folks are just focusing on the right and wrong issue and not what you were trying to convey.

Upvote 0

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Will a mug from one resort work at another resort then? We might change resorts mid trip. I would hate to buy 2 mugs because of this.
I did not bring up the fact about using a Contemporary mug at the Grand Floridian as an example. So let's not get into that shall we.

Upvote 0

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

It is really more along the lines of you stating a fact after asking a few CM's what they thought about the issue. It really has nothing to do with it being right or wrong, but I guess some folks are just focusing on the right and wrong issue and not what you were trying to convey.
Well if Cast Member's say there is nothing wrong with brining back old mugs, then I don't see an issue here. If you wish to continue to purchase new ones each trip, that's your choice & you have every right to. I only brought this up so that people can see the situation is not as bad as the "mug police" make it out to be. They seem to care more about this, then Cast Members which I don't understand. Anyway I now have a question for them. If a Resort does not change the design of a mug & the mug says "Good for lenght of stay" but with no year printed on it, how would you know if the mug is a new one or an old one? Also if you heard people say they are using old mugs, would you tell them that it's wrong? If the Cast Member's don't care why should you? Basically I am saying it's so easy over the Internet to say it's wrong, but would you tell that to someones face?

Upvote 0

minnie2000

Which drinks can you get with these mugs? I love the lemonade (we don't get the same lemonade in the UK), my husband likes sprite or coffee, but my daughters only drink milk, apple juice, squash or water. Can we only buy two mugs?

Upvote 0

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Which drinks can you get with these mugs? I love the lemonade (we don't get the same lemonade in the UK), my husband likes sprite or coffee, but my daughters only drink milk, apple juice, squash or water. Can we only buy two mugs?
You can purchase as many mugs as you wish & if you wanted to there is nothing wrong with sharing them. Some people claim that is not allowed, but come on if your sharing with your family I don't see a problem there.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Contemporary Mugs

Thanks for the reply, WDW Fan 4 Life! Going in November, and hoped to get a new design on the Contemporary mug, not the same tired ol' wide red and purple mugs! Oh well. Buying the same mug as previous visits is better than the alternative...not going and not getting a mug at all!

Upvote 0

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Thanks for the reply, WDW Fan 4 Life! Going in November, and hoped to get a new design on the Contemporary mug, not the same tired ol' wide red and purple mugs! Oh well. Buying the same mug as previous visits is better than the alternative...not going and not getting a mug at all!
Your welcome.

Upvote 0

kevandsara

Not to get anything started, but when my fiance and I went in Sept 04, we bought the mugs from AKL. We werent really sure where we could use them, so, while we were touring the WL with said mugs in the back pack, I asked the cashier if we could fill them up there even though they were from the AKL. She said, "Sure, no problem...". "Oh, so..you dont mind then?" "Go right ahead..." she said.
So I guess it just depends on who you talk to. Would I take on old mug with me, no..but if I bought one at WL and was touring another resort, I'd just ask if I can fill 'er up..if they say no, no big deal...just my 2 cents...

Upvote 0

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Not to get anything started, but when my fiance and I went in Sept 04, we bought the mugs from AKL. We werent really sure where we could use them, so, while we were touring the WL with said mugs in the back pack, I asked the cashier if we could fill them up there even though they were from the AKL. She said, "Sure, no problem...". "Oh, so..you dont mind then?" "Go right ahead..." she said.
So I guess it just depends on who you talk to. Would I take on old mug with me, no..but if I bought one at WL and was touring another resort, I'd just ask if I can fill 'er up..if they say no, no big deal...just my 2 cents...
Here is another example of Cast Members not carring about the mugs. While this situation is different then what I said about them telling me you can bring back old mugs without a problem, this CM did not mind saying use your AKL mugs at the Wilderness Lodge. She could have said sorry you can not, or you would need to purchase a Wilderness Lodge mug. So kevandsara thanks for posting this.

Upvote 0
I'm travelling to POP in a couple of weeks. How many colours do the mugs come in? When DH and I stayed at ASSports the mugs came in a couple of different colours for the tops and bottoms so that we could tell the difference between mine and his. This time there will be four of us, so I would like to know if there will be four different colours of tops/bottoms to help us out.

Upvote 0

minnie2000

squash? :confused:

anyone ever fill up your mug at <strike>Ice Station</strike> Club Cool? get dirty looks from the CM's?

by 'squash' I mean a fruit drink (not juice) diluted with water - like ribena - can you get ribena in America?

What would this type of drink be called in the USA?

Upvote 0

Lucky

I'm travelling to POP in a couple of weeks. How many colours do the mugs come in? When DH and I stayed at ASSports the mugs came in a couple of different colours for the tops and bottoms so that we could tell the difference between mine and his. This time there will be four of us, so I would like to know if there will be four different colours of tops/bottoms to help us out.
I think they always have two different shapes - fatter and skinnier - but not always in multiple colors. Last trip we both got the skinny kind though, because they fit in our cars' cuphholders better. We washed them a lot, and didn't worry about which was whose.

Upvote 0

banimall

You guys are all wasting your time with this thread. What you should be concentrating on is buying the souvenier yard glass at the Rose and Crown Pub and bring that back on numerous trips for $7 refills. :lol: You can't get it refilled at the Germany pavillion though, already tried and almost started an International incident.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom