resort mugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptar77

They do not change them every year. A CM at the boardwalk told me that as long as they can read the name they will honor the mugs even though it was after my purchase trip.

Upvote 0

raven

How much are they going for these days? I got one at AS Music in 2002 but this year I'm at Pop and would like to get another one.

Upvote 0

metscool

I love the idea that they can bring your mug after the tirp that you bought them. I have done that at Pop twice. Shhhh. I didn't say anything.:lookaroun. I hide the mugs when we check in. Then we went to the food court for dinner. And got my drinks.

I get my moneys worth out of those mugs on the first trip.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Someone PLEASE save us!!!!!!!!!!!

Resort mugs clearly state that they are good for the visit during which they were purchased.

Regardless of what a CM told you 8 years ago, the mugs are no longer good on subsequent visits.

If you choose to bring them back, that is between you and your conscience.

This topic has been done to death, and it always ends with it being closed.

Upvote 0

metscool

iowamagicfan wasn't a member here when we talked about this last. I don't think that this will get out of hand like the last one did.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Officially...

Resort Refillable Mugs are sold in all Walt Disney World Resort hotels, and can be used at the restaurant where it was purchased for the entire duration of the current visit. Each location offers soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate, hot and iced tea.

NOTE: Captain Cook's Snack Co. at Disney's Polynesian Resort will not be offering Refillable Mugs while it is closed for refurbishment Summer 2006.

The current price is $11.99 + 0.84 tax = $12.83 total

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well we are staying at our fourth resort (Coronado Springs 12/22- 01/01) and will add to our mug collection. Although, now that my husband saw the mug the size of a 2 ltr. bottle of soda, he said thats the mug for us at $19.99....one refill will be great for back in the room. Do they now have mugs that big at all the resorts?

btw: at value resorts we've seen people using park mugs for "refills" so I don't know how different "security" is at different resorts.

Upvote 0

3fordisney

At Pop Century, we purchsed mugs for my husband and myself. My son was still on sippy cups and we did not purchase a mug for him. There was a CM who cleaned the counters around the drink fountain. She was very friendly. I took the mug to have it filled with lemonade to give my son. I put it in the mug and then filled the cup. She saw us do this and said it was a good idea and technically we were following the rules, since we did not put the 6 oz sippy cup up to be filled. He was 2 at the time and he didn't drink that much. The CM said they didn't tell her that couldn't be done.

If you choose to bring your old one back, just be prepared in case there is a CM watching the drink fountain. Our last 2 trips at the value resorts, we have seen a CM constantly at the drink fountain. Let your conscienous be your guide!

Upvote 0

flscooman

I heard that when you hop on the new monorail extension to the new 5th gate you will get a Harry Potter Mug that is good forever. It'll be like magic.
At least that's what I heard.:drevil:

Upvote 0

it398

on a recent visit i was told that resort mugs could only be used on the trip that we purchased them but the one foir the water park could be used on repeat hoilidays as you have to purchase a sticker to use it each time.

i assume this is still correct but it was about 2 years ago.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

on a recent visit i was told that resort mugs could only be used on the trip that we purchased them but the one foir the water park could be used on repeat hoilidays as you have to purchase a sticker to use it each time.

i assume this is still correct but it was about 2 years ago.

Yes, the water park mugs are different and you can reuse them, just have to buy a sticker for them that day.

I also have a question regarding filling the sippie cup for a child under 3. Since they are technically "Mickey's Guests" and eat for free, etc. shouldn't you be allowed to fill their cups?

Upvote 0

Lucky

When we stayed at CB in Sept 04 the mugs were orange and marked "2003-2004". The mug we bought there on the next trip in May 2005 had a similar design, but I think was red instead of orange.

I don't remember if the one we bought at CB in 2005 or the ones we bought last month at POFQ had a date stamped on them.

We keep them to use at home, not to bring back the next year to try to save $12 and hope no one catches us. There are better ways to save $12.

Upvote 0

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

I spoke to a few Cast Members last month about the mugs at the Contemporary. These were CM's that were managers, CM's from the Atrium Club floor & CM's who worked at the Food & Fun Center where they sell the mugs. Well they all told me that they don't care if you bring back old mugs, because they will never say a word about them & since it costs less then 5 cents for the syrup to make these drinks, they don't mind. I am not making this up to cause trouble, just telling you all what I was told. So I am brining a new prespective into this topic.

Upvote 0

Cynderella

I like to see the people using the very old yellow and black mugs from POR. Gives me a little laugh.

When they switched Dixie to Riverside we had brought back the old Song of the South red and white ones and we were going to take them to the food court but we didnt want to stand out so bad so we bought new ones. I still see people bringing the old ones like we had and they never get in trouble. We're going again in November and I plan on bringing the new one I got last time. I bring it everytime we go down.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom