Resort Mugs Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratherbeinwdw

Does anyone know if you are allowed to refill your resort mug at a different resort or only the one where you bought it?
Also, can you use it for another stay at the same resort? I only had a chance to use mine a couple of times in June, which means I broke even, but I would like to use it again in September.

ratherbeinwdw

Original Poster
Or filling up old milk gallons. Yes, it has happened once and I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to take a photo. :( The woman was ticked off when people started laughing at her.

I really hope the drink mug RFID thing pans out and gets implemented.
I won't use it if you're not suppose to.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

I guess you're supposed to buy new ones, but if it's in the same year/season and the mugs are the same then I don't think you'd be breaking the rules too much!;) People who have mugs from years ago, except some resort specific ones were allowed "lifetime use" I believe ( no longer of course), kinda bug me though.:(

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

The terms say that the mug is good for the length of your stay at the resort you purchased it at.

That said I have yet to see anyone from Disney chastise a guest for filling an old mug or even a non Disney mug. But I have also yet to see any proof of the old signs for the "lifetime" mugs. So it's a much contested topic on the boards.

And there are plenty of us on here that have mugs spilling out of our cabinets from past trips. Join the club!

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

I like to get a new one on every trip,nice souveneer.Yes,it's supposed to be for the resort that your staying at,but as far as I know,the refillable mug has the same picture on every one,unlike when it had the name of the resort.Cut backs I suppose.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

Even though you are supposed to buy a new one yes you can they dont tell you no I seen people filling up mugs from 15-20 years ago lol

lol...really? :p
75.gif

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I know you are not supposed to, but how in the world are they going to know whether you are staying at that resort or not? All of the mugs are the same! I wouldn't hesistate for a second to fill mine up in a different resort! And, the mug you got in June should still be the same mug they are using in September. I say, get your new mugs (they come with your package, right? - I think mine did anyway) and then you just have extra mugs! If they don't come with the package, just take yours and use it. I'd be willing to bet Disney has not hired "Mug Police" so I don't imagine anyone will say anything to you :)

Upvote 0

docdebbi

are you kidding me?? we are having this debate again ?!
policy states length of trip, at your home resort only. so many people were bringing back old ones and using them- as you saw- that disney has started putting RFID chips in every cup to be sure that this doesn't happen.
just because you saw it doesn't mean it is allowed- it means disney can't afford to station a soda machine watcher at every soda machine on property to prevent this

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Original Poster
are you kidding me?? we are having this debate again ?!
policy states length of trip, at your home resort only. so many people were bringing back old ones and using them- as you saw- that disney has started putting RFID chips in every cup to be sure that this doesn't happen.
just because you saw it doesn't mean it is allowed- it means disney can't afford to station a soda machine watcher at every soda machine on property to prevent this
Where is this policy? I simply saw the mugs in the food court and bought them. I didn't see a sign or anything attached to them saying how long they were good. We didn't buy a package. We paid full-price with no extras attached. There were no AP holder discounts for the Royal Rooms when I made our reservation. I only wanted to do what is right, and having only been on this board since summer, I had not seen this debate. If you don't want to have this debate, why did you get on this thread? There are many of us who are fairly new and will most certainly be bringing up things you may have discussed many times before. Please just ignore us, and let us find out what we need to know. Thank you.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

didn't mean to insult you personally and i apologize if i did. but believe me, this debate has been held no less than 10-15 times that i know of and BELIEVE ME- it gets very very ugly. usually ends up locked. people feel very passionately on both sides of the argument
the official policy is as stated, i am sure it is somewhere written near where you purchase them and the attendant will tell you this when you purchase it
welcome to the boards, did not mean to sound unwelcoming, i just know how this is going to turn out and it ain't going to be pretty.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Original Poster
didn't mean to insult you personally and i apologize if i did. but believe me, this debate has been held no less than 10-15 times that i know of and BELIEVE ME- it gets very very ugly. usually ends up locked. people feel very passionately on both sides of the argument
the official policy is as stated, i am sure it is somewhere written near where you purchase them and the attendant will tell you this when you purchase it
welcome to the boards, did not mean to sound unwelcoming, i just know how this is going to turn out and it ain't going to be pretty.
Thank you. I think the question is answered now. There's no need for people to go any further and get upset over something so very minor. The young man who sold us ours didn't say anything other than you can refill as many times as you want; nothing else. I take your word that it's suppose to be for a one-time visit. As I said earlier, we'll simply buy a new one for my daughter as she's the only one who will get any value from this as I will be drinking water.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom