Resort Hopping

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
My opinion from what I’ve seen is that it is exceedingly rare for someone that owns DVC to book a room at a DVC resort with cash.
Are you under the impression that this is a board or thread about DVC? Nobody is talking about DVC. We're talking about a non-member guest booking a room with cash, nobody is talking about DVC but you.

Poly and Grand are incompatible because that were always restricted even when pool hopping was allowed.
Pool hopping was never allowed!

I believe we’re saying the same thing, but I don’t really care if we aren’t. Ask a Coordinator, leader, or the resort manager/president. They’d be happy to talk to you. As long as I’ve stayed as a DVC member, you’ve been able to go to the sister resorts within walking distance.
Nobody is talking about DVC.

DisneyFanatic12

Yup, the very first post I posted was that DVC guests staying onsite (and staying on points, which was implied but, I’ll admit, should had been clearly stated). Probably just misread it, but the rules and stipulations were clearly quoted that only Members of DVC could pool hop if they were staying on points. Anyways, this is the only official word from Disney on pool hopping (which was posted and QUOTED in my original thread, so unless if we’re calling the Disney website wrong, it was correct):

That should have all the rules and clear up any confusion anyone has :)

For anyone with more questions after reading through the website, I’d recommend calling guest services with further questions. I hope any confusion has been cleared, as that thread of arguments had no merit and lacked quality information.

nickys

Premium Member
Alas, I have not checked the specific Resort pages of the website. But according to the rules set by Disney, no pool hopping between resorts at all. Sister resorts are still different resorts.

Back when it was allowed you could go to the feature pools. We do have digital cards, but it mentions showing your physical cards which, according to Disney, are merely a price of plastic with no value.
Maybe when DVC pool hopping was first allowed you could go anywhere. Not for some time though, These were the rules in place before Covid caused all pool hopping to be suspended:

• Pool hopping is not available at the following pools at any time—with no exceptions to this policy:
    • Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort – Bay Cove Pool
    • Disney's Art of Animation Resort – pools
    • Disney’s Beach Club Villas – leisure pool
    • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – pools
    • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort – The Lava Pool and leisure pool
    • Disney's Riviera Resort - Riviera Pool and Beau Soleil Pool
    • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Boulder Ridge Cove Pool and The Copper Creek Springs Pool
    • Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Stormalong Bay
During the phased reopening of our Resorts, pool hopping is currently suspended.

There is no mention of physical cards on that page or the more general page. Where the DVC site does mention “membership cards” though it now means a digital one. All the physical cards have expired, so that’s why they have no value.

As for sister resorts you 100% CAN swim at both pools.

This is on the main AKL page

Cool off amid African-inspired architecture and a wildlife preserve at the Uzima Springs Pool and the Samawati Springs Pool.

This is on the POR page (screenshot so as not to copy over the pictures)

21DA8EB9-320D-4776-BF3D-15D0168F5D2C.png

Not sure about the All Stars but I know friends who have swum at other All Stars pools very recently.

nickys

Premium Member
Yup, the very first post I posted was that DVC guests staying onsite (and staying on points, which was implied but, I’ll admit, should had been clearly stated). Probably just misread it, but the rules and stipulations were clearly quoted that only Members of DVC could pool hop if they were staying on points. Anyways, this is the only official word from Disney on pool hopping (which was posted and QUOTED in my original thread, so unless if we’re calling the Disney website wrong, it was correct):

That should have all the rules and clear up any confusion anyone has :)

For anyone with more questions after reading through the website, I’d recommend calling guest services with further questions. I hope any confusion has been cleared, as that thread of arguments had no merit and lacked quality information.
You’re still linking to the DVC site. That is not the Disney site :banghead:

However if you actually read that page you’ll see the exceptions I listed below, that were in force well before Covid. As far back as 2016 for most of the pools listed, although some were added later - like Riviera which was listed as an exception even before it opened.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Not sure about the All Stars but I know friends who have swum at other All Stars pools very recently.
Yes, Disney views all of the resorts that share a name as the same resort.

Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Copper Creek Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort are all the same resort. That's not pool-hopping, that's just using one of the pools that are all part of the same resort complex.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes, Disney views all of the resorts that share a name as the same resort.

Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Copper Creek Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort are all the same resort. That's not pool-hopping, that's just using one of the pools that are all part of the same resort complex.
I cannot believe you and I are actually agreeing on pool hopping! 😉

🤣🤣🤣🤣

DisneyFanatic12

You’re still linking to the DVC site. That is not the Disney site :banghead:

However if you actually read that page you’ll see the exceptions I listed below, that were in force well before Covid. As far back as 2016 for most of the pools listed, although some were added later - like Riviera which was listed as an exception even before it opened.
Yea, many exceptions and what not. Way back when it first began we pool hopped and there weren’t really any exceptions besides the flagship resorts and Stormalong Bay. We just always stay at a resort with the pool we want to use. The website is still go.com though, which is Disneys website for almost everything. Different subsection I guess though. DVC members staying on points are the only ones that were able to pool hop. I edited my first post shortly after I posted it (way back in June or so), but left the old post there for context. The section after “Edit:” had the updated information. After all, I never used the feature really when it was an amenity, but it was a nice thing to have the opportunity of doing. Glad this could be resolved.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom