Resort Hopping Question

nthebulln7

Hey there!
So I am looking to go down to the world the weekend before Thanksgiving but I was just going to do some resort hopping to see them all decorated for the holidays. No parks, just resorts and DTD. So I ask you, should I stay at a Value resort or should I stay off property? Which one would be the best option? Short on cash but there is nothing like staying on property. What do ya think?

captain marvel1

um off property and then just parking at the monorail exchange and taking the monorail or the boats. if you want to see them right now the resorts are gonna be slammed. the Disney children miracle network golf tournament is coming up and reservations are pretty much booked at shades of green.

Upvote 0

corey154

If it was me, I'd go value resort, even if you're not doing parks you feel the Disney Magic by staying on grounds and jumping on buses and boats to resort hop. Ahhh...I can smell the pixie dust already...my short weekend getaway is in one week!!!!

Upvote 0

cinderellafan6

I would personaly stay at a value resort also. When I was little my parents would do the same. We would stay at a value resort and go the different resorts an DTD. I think if you stay off property it might be a bit of a tease, plus rates are so cheap now.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

I agree stay at a Value. To me, I would because even if I didn't get to go to the parks, I would still be able to be apart of the magic for the short time. Enjoy and have a great time.

Upvote 0

nthebulln7

Original Poster
Yea, defiantly want to see the parks dressed up for Christmas time and I think the week before Thanksgiving is perfect because I think all the decorations will be up. I also think I got to go with a value resort. $168 for 2 nights is pretty good. Got any good tips or tricks to see at the resorts? Been to a lot of them, but I'm really looking in depth at them this time. Let me know. Thanks!

Upvote 0

corey154

To be honest I don't know how decorated they're going to be the week before thanksgiving....But if they are this is what I'd do, first I'd jump on a bus to MK then change monerails to the resort ones and hit poly, comtemp, & grand floridian (you can jump on monerail to get to each one) then if you have time you can take boat to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness, then I'd take a bus to from MK to the Boardwalk and check out the boardwalk, beach club/yacht clubs, swan/dolphins. The Boardwalk and Grand Floridians are must dos for Christmas decorations (IMO).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom