resort help

pop lover

We have syated at Pop Century twice and Caribbean Beach once. We loved Pop Century but there was alot of negative things about Caribbean Beach. Now looking at French Quarters or Riverside what are peoples reviews and why? Which one has the better food court,pools and best bus system.

coltow

I cannot say enough good things about French Quarter. We had an amazing time there in 2008 and plan to go back in 2012. Food Court had plenty of options and seating. My boys absolutely loved the pool and still talk about the dragon slide. We didn't have any bus issues. The best part of FQ is that when they do share a bus with Riverside, FQ is the 1st stop so we always got seat.

I hear that the rooms got done over so that they now have 2 queens instead of full size beds which makes it WAY better then the beds at Pop

Upvote 0

goofysgurl

I've stayed at both POFQ & POR - I love, love, love POFQ. It's a nice small resort and everything's close by (which couldn't be said about POR). My kids loved the pool and the food court. There is no TS restaurant but we had ADR's at all the parks throughout our trip anyway. Another plus, this goes for POR as well, the the boat to DTD. It was great to get away from the buses for transportation. I've never stayed at POP so I have no comment there. But I would recommend POFQ in a heartbeat!

Upvote 0

ml123_9

We alway stay at Riverside. IMO the food court and pools are better, plus Boatwright's is a hidden gem as far as TS meals go. A lot of people say the busses are bad because they share with POFQ, but I've only been on one bus that shared and that because it was the middle of the day and not a morning or evening rush. Also, PORS is much more spread out and more relaxing. Of course, these are all just opions and wherever you decide, you won't go wrong. Have a fun trip.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

The French Quarter is the best! That's the only one we stay at now. Have been to Music, Sports, Pop, and even club level Animal Kingdom Lodge, but now only POFQ. We go there at least twice a year. Love the rooms just refurbished with 2 queen beds, very clean, great food court. No bus problems and waiting area is under cover. The boat to Downtown Disney, the short ride or walk to Riverside for boat, or bike rental. Carriage rides. Great pool! You will love it there!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell 8

We too are huge Pop lovers and stay there most trips, the only other resort we stay at is POFQ. First we love the size of the resort, I believe its the smallest resort on property so it has a very quaint feel to it, and all the rooms are close to everything (pool, main building, bus stops). Second we love that we can take a boat to DTD, its a nice change of pace and it's a beautiful ride. Third, although we haven't seen the newly refurbed rooms, I have seen pictures and heard great things about them, having 2 queen size beds, new carpets/tile, new furniture, updated bathroom, etc. The rooms had great theming before and they still have the same great charm. Fourth, as others have said, sometimes POFQ and POR share the same busses, and they make the first stop at POFQ so you always get a seat and you get let off first after a long day at the parks, the only downfall is if you are sharing a bus, add on about 10-15 extra minutes on your commute to the park because POR has a few bus stops to stop at. We are going back to the world in March and are staying at POFQ and can't wait!

Upvote 0

lbrad

I have stayed at both POR & POFQ ... I would chose POFQ in a heartbeat!!!
DH & I stayed there for our 20th Wedding Anniversary ... loved it.

Agree with all the prior posts ... very quaint.

Scat Cat lounge is great. Short walk or boat ride to POR if you want to go to their lounge or restaurant.

Upvote 0

scoobygirl39541

I can now officially say that we've stayed at both POFQ and RS. I have a soft spot for POFQ since that was my very first Disney resort I experienced, but I gotta say it depends on what you're looking for. I'd say POFQ is better with kids because of the slide, fun food court, etc. And its easy to navigate and small enough to be able to walk around the entire resort. However, RS is beautiful! I prefer its themeing over POFQ hands down. You could totally get lost in that resort, and that definitely could be a good thing! RS seems more sophisticated than POFQ, in my opinion.

Upvote 0
You can not go wrong with either resort! We have stayed at WL, CB, POLY, POFQ, and POR and keep going back to POR. Yes it is large, but a very relaxing atmosphere! Our adult daughter loves POFQ for the smaller size. We think POFQ does have a better CS selections then POR,

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom