Resort Discounts

Pfeifer1990

Original Poster
I am curious to hear from those who have scored a room discount. If you did, what resort and what time of year. Plus, did you use a TA? If not how did you find out about the discount?

dreamfinder

You can see past discounts here -> https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends While it doesn't detail which resorts were included in any given discount, it shows when they offered discounts in the past. They are usually offered across most of the resorts, but within a given resort only some of the room types and categories may be included. Using a good Disney TA, such as @Kingdom Konsultant will usually let someone else handle the discount watching and try to auto rebook on your behalf.

Schneewittchen

I just got a room discount for a quick trip I'm taking in mid November this year.

I originally booked the reservation in May. In late June I saw the 'Magical Holidays Package' resort discount announced on the forums here (it was emailed to me because I'm subscribed to updates on the trip planning forum ), so I immediately logged in to the Disney site and got the discount applied to my reservation.

For a bigger trip I'm taking in the spring, I have a TA from Dreams Unlimited. In theory, if there are any discounts, she'll handle getting my reservation updated.

LeighM

In 2012, I had the Play, Stay, Dine package at Riverside. In 2014, I had a room discount at Riverside. For 2015, I think I had a bounceback offer for free dining at Riverside. Our 2016 trip was free dining at Riverside. In 2018, I used a Disney Visa discount for Coronado Springs. I usually find out about them from some of the WDW Facebook groups I belong to.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I'm DVC and an AP holder. For longer family trips we use DVC as the best value, but for my May 2018 and September 2018 solo trips, I was able to snag some really good Passholder room only discounts. For example, my upcoming September trip the pass holder discount got me a garden view room at the Contemporary for $370/night, 25% off rack, but I saw they had main building club level at the Floridian for $639/night, almost 45% off rack rate and decided to splurge. (note a week after I booked the AP rate went to $839) If you keep an eye out for specials and are AP or DVC you can really come out ahead if you want to do the work yourself. If you don't like the hassle of doing the work yourself and want someone dependable to do it, just like @Master Yoda said, use @Kingdom Konsultant. They are fantastic!

wannabeBelle

I am curious to hear from those who have scored a room discount. If you did, what resort and what time of year. Plus, did you use a TA? If not how did you find out about the discount?
Flexibility is key. I you can be flexible with your travel dates and/or resort choices you stand a better chance of getting a particular discount. Some resorts are not usual offered with a discount so if you are willing to switch, that helps. Marie

Clamman73

When the room only discounts go up, I grab a standard value room at all stars, but I’m usually hoping for a pop standard room which sometimes isn’t available...only preferred....I have to keep looking daily until a standard room just happens to be available for my trip period of time.
I don’t know if they release blocks of rooms for the discounts over time from the start of the offer or not.

Maelstrom93

I'm attending a conference in Oct, staying at the Contemporary - Garden Wing for $289. Rate applies all week, not just conference days. :happy:

DisneyJoe

I'm attending a conference in Oct, staying at the Contemporary - Garden Wing for $289. Rate applies all week, not just conference days. :happy:
That is how a group block contract works - they lock in rates for the dates of the conference, and dates before and after to give people some flexibility. Enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom