Resort Decorations At Christmas time

jamistarr

My Wife and I are going to have almost an entire day we would like to explore the world and check out the great decorations around the resorts, we know the Grand Floridian is great, where else would you recomend?
Thanks

maggiegrace1

At the Yacht and Beach they have an amazing display..A gingerbread carousel..:)

Really almost every resort is amazing at Christmas...Every resort has their own tree..

Animal Kingdom Lodge had a beautiful one I also love Fort Wilderness at Christmas time..

The Snowbirds have decorations and lights all over their campsites and it is just so great!..

:)

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

Really almost every resort is amazing at Christmas...Every resort has their own tree..

Animal Kingdom Lodge had a beautiful one I also love Fort Wilderness at Christmas time..

The Snowbirds have decorations and lights all over their campsites and it is just so great!..

The Gingerbread Carousel is in the Beach Club lobby.

Upvote 0

MinnieMommy

Dana,

I've seen you around these boards and I've wanted to say Hi! Do you know if we can come and look around at the campsites to see the lights and decorations? By the way, we're going to the MVMCP the same night, maybe we'll bump into each other!!

Heather

Also, we love seeing the Grand Floridian Gingerbread House. I especially like the live musical performances they have in the lobby playing Christmas carols! :xmas:

Upvote 0

rosie.ca

the food network had a show on all the decorations at disney ... that was one of the reasons I decided to go this December they all look awesome!

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

There are alot of suggestions that you will read here, but just so you know, they have 130 tractor trailors full of decorations for all of WDW. The family and I have been at Disney a number of times when they have them out. You are going to have a tuff time to see alot of it. Good luck, and enjoy! :D

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

The day after Thanksgiving is when the Christmas decorations will officially be up but, in the last few years, they have started putting up some things before that.

The ginger bread house in the GF will be up then, if not before.
Also, there is an overlooked ginger bread house at the American Adventure restaurant in EPCOT.

:xmas:

Upvote 0

Captain Hank

My favorites from last year wee Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk and Yacht/Beach Club. They were amazing. I meant to go see AKL, but never got around to it. I was actually a little disappointed with how little the Polynesian decorated.

Upvote 0

pacochran

We did the same thing two years ago, spent the day checking out the resorts, and ended up at WL to check it out and then dinner at Whispering Canyons Cafe.

Must sees as said before is the GF as well as the BC. The YC does have a little Gingerbread display, can't remember what it was. We enjoyed the Polynesian they do a small Gingerbread of the Hotel. The BW does a carnival in Gingerbread. The AKL is nicely decorated, in 2005 they had an African Village in Gingerbread, but didn't last year, and not sure why.

They all have something nice to offer.

Upvote 0

wagnerdanp

Does anybody know when the Christmas decorations normally come down? We are going to be at WDW from 1/2/08 to 1/7/08. I am hoping that the decorations will still be up. Also, what are the crowd levels like during this time period? My family and I went to WDW last year between Christmas and New Years and the crowds were terrible.

Thank you all.

Upvote 0

scole3388

If you keep an eye on the Travel Channel, Samantha Brown does a Christmas at Disney World special that usually begins airing in November. Although a bit dated, it will give you an idea of what's happening and what you might like to see.

In addition to the decorations, I would recommend the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT. Have a great trip. :xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom