Resort Bars etc

Tink28

I know that you cannot pool hop between resorts, but what if wanted to go and have a drink or snack at another resort and sit outside by the pool, can you do that? thanks

disney magic 06

We've often done that and no one has ever questioned our presence - they wouldn't really know would they (actually I've often thought that about the pools. How do the staff know whether or not you're staying at the resort? Other than the Yacht Club with its wristbands that is) :shrug:

Upvote 0

danhoeft

Sure

I (we) have done it, and swam in the other resort pools, maybe it's not right but for the price of the rooms what can it hurt to swim in another resort pools as long as you are staying in another WDW resort.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

On many occassions I have gone to the Trout Pass Pool bar (WL), Leaping Libations (BWR), Hurricane Hannahs (Y&BCR), Laguna Bar (CSR) & others for a drink a snack and even a meal. With places like Hurricane Hannahs and Trout Pass there is some form of entertainment and in some cases its convenient especially when wandering around Cresent Lake to get back to your room.
Oh and if you want a real treat one of the best pool bar menus around is located at the Dolphin and Swan Resort, quite impressive a bit pricey but delicious non the less

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This raises an interesting point, at least it did to me. I realize pool hopping threads fall apart in a hurry, but this is a somewhat different angle I am taking.

Let's say I am staying at my home resort, OKW. And I want to had over to the Cabana Bar at the Dolphin. I go, order a meal, a bucket of beers, leave a nice tip.

What becomes of the pool hopping policy now? I mean, I am not staying at that resort, but I am spending my money at their pool bar.

An interesting question I think.

For the record. I would have no problem with someone using the pool at my resort if they were spending money in the pool area.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This raises an interesting point, at least it did to me. I realize pool hopping threads fall apart in a hurry, but this is a somewhat different angle I am taking.

Let's say I am staying at my home resort, OKW. And I want to had over to the Cabana Bar at the Dolphin. I go, order a meal, a bucket of beers, leave a nice tip.

What becomes of the pool hopping policy now? I mean, I am not staying at that resort, but I am spending my money at their pool bar.

An interesting question I think.

For the record. I would have no problem with someone using the pool at my resort if they were spending money in the pool area.
It will fall to whatever that resorts policy is. If the resort says you have to stay there to use the pool then that is the end of the discussion. In the particular case you described the Dolphin is not a Disney resort and it is my understanding that the DVC pool hopping privileges do not extend there.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I (we) have done it, and swam in the other resort pools, maybe it's not right but for the price of the rooms what can it hurt to swim in another resort pools as long as you are staying in another WDW resort.

Personal opinions aside here and speaking strictly from policy...this is not allowed. You are welcome to go to the pool area and enjoy the bar, but you cannot swim at the pool. The pools are for the use of that specific resorts guests. Only DVC members may pool hop, and that comes with some exceptions.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom