Resort Air Hockey Tables

ArtieJim

This bothered me when my girlfriend and I were at All-Star Movies in October and now I'm looking through pictures of CBR which is where we'll be in December and I'm once again peeved.

Is it just me or does it bother any one else that the air hockey tables at the WDW resorts are made to look like basketball courts? It defeats the purpose of air hockey and has nothing to do with hockey itself. And when's the last time you saw a game of basketball where the ball gets flattened out and knocked around the hard wood trying to get it into a goal that's on the floor level like it's some sort of hockey puck?

I understand hockey isn't that big of a sport in the southern United States (lets face it, it's a joke, I don't care if Tampa Bay and Carolina have won the Stanley Cup in the past ten years) but we're talking about air hockey here, not whatever we're supposed to call what they have at the resorts.

Sorry, they just really bother me, I'd much rather see a white or blue topped table with a red or yellow puck. Real air hockey.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I sincerely think it may just be you....

My family and I all played at the WL over Memorial Day, and for the life of me I couldn't recall what the shape or design of the table was, save for it being an air hockey table. It didn't register in the least, probably because I was too busy enjoying myself and playing the game with them.....

Upvote 0

actioncookbook

Wait there's more to do than just the parks?!?!? :eek:

But seriously, coming from a true ice hockey player/fanatic it really doesn't bother me.

Oh how I wish DTD would add an ice skating rink. :(

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

Blame it on Meg Crofton. She must be anti real air hockey.

I do however think you will be in the huge minority....most probably don't care or even notice. That includes us.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Wait there's more to do than just the parks?!?!? :eek:

But seriously, coming from a true ice hockey player/fanatic it really doesn't bother me.

Oh how I wish DTD would add an ice skating rink. :(

Not sure how many years they did it, but in the winter time they used to have a very small one set up on the West Side at DTD. I remember skating on it once when we moved a trip from August to November when I was a lot younger.

Upvote 0

SteveUK

To be honest when I have flown 9 hours+ to get there and spent many thousands of dollars for the trip, I tend to direct my attention to some of the other things going on around the place.

If we are looking for annoyances, again I believe there are bigger and better things to get upset about (closure of PI etc)

Upvote 0

dave&di

I love Air Hockey!!! You can find them in any good amusements in Southend-on Sea!!!! If my parents were to walk into an amusement arcade now and saw an Air Hockey machine they would make a beeline for it! Btw, this doesn't actually happen anymore, they now enjoy walking round 'decorative gardens'! :shrug:

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

I am not sure what you are talking about. I played a few times with my daughter in Dec and the 2 machines we played on looked like hockey rinks. We played in both the Pizza Planet @ DHS and at the arcade in the Contemporary. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom