Resolved - Help Me Decide Which Resort?

PinnySmart

There are three reasons.
(1) A good cancellation policy is very important to us because we never know what may come up.
(2) By the time I learned about DVC rentals, the availability for our travel dates was already getting low. By now, it would probably be hard to find a room.
(3) My husband doesn't want the extra hassle, and I tend to agree with him.
I can understand points 1 and 2 but there is absolutely no extra hassle so there you are misinformed. Paying Disney's rates for a DVC unit, which your first two original options are, is just silly unless deeply discounted. But it's your money and your vacation. And now onto my ignore list you go because doesn't sound like you really want anyone's advice.

NelsonRD

Whenever I read any of these resort choice advice questions that includes Animal Kingdom Lodge, the answer is always Animal Kingdom Lodge. Always. It is one of the most unique resorts at Disney, and outside of Africa, there is nothing like it in the world. There is really something special about experiencing the animals outside of your balcony after a long day touring the parks. Every aspect of the resort offers so much more in terms of beauty, experiences, and dining. It is depressing such a great unique resort is often downplayed over rooms that may be a little smaller, darker, and further away from the parks. The savanna overwhelming makes up for it, and it should be experienced at least once.

NiarrNDisney

Personally I would rather take my time and have more days to take everything in over going with a deluxe resort and rushing trying to experience as much as possible in less time. Have you looked at other resorts? Dolphin, Swan, Coronado Springs, or even one of the resorts on Hotel Lane?

Disvillain63

There are three reasons.
(1) A good cancellation policy is very important to us because we never know what may come up.
(2) By the time I learned about DVC rentals, the availability for our travel dates was already getting low. By now, it would probably be hard to find a room.
(3) My husband doesn't want the extra hassle, and I tend to agree with him.

Not sure what you mean by the hassle? We have used dvcrentalstore.com and never had an issue. We like using dvc, especially WL, for its proximity to MK, plus our 2- and 3-year old grands love riding the boat to and from MK. I like being able to go back for swim and nap time and seeing the EWP nightly. The one- and two-bedrooms have the benefit of a kitchen and laundry.

mouse_luv

Not sure what you mean by the hassle? We have used dvcrentalstore.com and never had an issue. We like using dvc, especially WL, for its proximity to MK, plus our 2- and 3-year old grands love riding the boat to and from MK. I like being able to go back for swim and nap time and seeing the EWP nightly. The one- and two-bedrooms have the benefit of a kitchen and laundry.

There's no use in arguing and trying to "convince the OP" They said upthread that they made their decision. Myself (as well as others) are convinced that the OP had her mind made up before she even asked and just came to get it validated etc. :rolleyes:

Disvillain63

There's no use in arguing and trying to "convince the OP" They said upthread that they made their decision. Myself (as well as others) are convinced that the OP had her mind made up before she even asked and just came to get it validated etc. :rolleyes:
Yea...I kinda had that impression too. I just wondered where the hassle part of the process was.

MMDVC

I applaud your choice also. I think it will be more relaxing for entire family plus the feeling of a vacation splurge. With smaller children you want ease not stress... the tend to wake early so early magic mornings and then relaxation by pool or exploring. Keep it simple and you will probably find a way to return someday.

Courtney6682

Ultimately, we chose the Poly. A Longer stay would have been nice, but with two toddlers, we'll need to go back to the room frequently, so the monorail won out. Thanks for the help!

Good choice! IMHO a monorail resort with littles is always best .I **HATEDDDD** dragging diaper bags and strollers on and off the busses..have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom