Reservations for the Osborne Light's Merry and Bright Dessert Party now available

Po'Rich

It'll still be possible to see the lights without the event ticket, correct? What is the benefit of the ticket if you aren't interested in the dessert party?

Next Big Thing

It'll still be possible to see the lights without the event ticket, correct? What is the benefit of the ticket if you aren't interested in the dessert party?
It's kind of like the Wishes dessert party I think. There's dessert set-up for however many people reserved there and beyond that they basically get a front row seat (if there is such a thing) to see the lights. There may be drinks included as well, not sure.

But this is absolutely not necessary in order to see the lights.

Graham9

Not happy about this!!

The Osborne Lights are always packed and always comes with a lot of pushing and shoving, which given the amazing spectacle of the lights and general atmosphere, I can general live with. I love to take photos of the lights, but that means tolerating the crowds and having to wait for my shot.

But now they are going to cordon off some area, thus making the area smaller so they can make a few $$'s on cashing in on the lights final demise. So if I can't get a ticket, I am going to have to squeeze and fight around everything so a handful of people can get a good view and deny the chance to see these lights for the final time.

JohnD

Not happy about this!!

The Osborne Lights are always packed and always comes with a lot of pushing and shoving, which given the amazing spectacle of the lights and general atmosphere, I can general live with. I love to take photos of the lights, but that means tolerating the crowds and having to wait for my shot.

But now they are going to cordon off some area, thus making the area smaller so they can make a few $$'s on cashing in on the lights final demise. So if I can't get a ticket, I am going to have to squeeze and fight around everything so a handful of people can get a good view and deny the chance to see these lights for the final time.

I think you're making it sound worse than it really is. You can come and go from the area as often as you like.

See https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/merry-and-bright-dessert-party/

Specifically, "Guests may enter and exit the dessert party location as many times as they wish during their designated viewing and dessert party time."

Also, the party area is all the way in the back near the LMA entrance, so there is no "squeezing" involved for non-party guests.

Last edited:

shipley731

Not happy about this!!

They did this last year with some Frozen themed thing I think. If they use the same area, it's pretty out of the way and not really that big.

Mealtrip

I can't imagine them using any other area than what they did last year. It's directly under the giant angel globe at the entrance to LMA, inside the gated area where the Studio Backlot Tour tram would make it's last 1mph circle before disembarking.

It's actually quite a good location from an operations standpoint because it's not normally accessible by guests anyway. It has zero impact on anyone viewing the lights from the Streets of America. Rain-out location is under the covered Studio Catering Co., which pretty much gives you zero view of the Osborne Lights. So… may everyone that's going have a rain-free evening!

Viewing the lights from the Streets of America the past couple of years... made me think I was in the middle of a remake of the "Mark of Gideon" (old 1960's Star Trek reference, you'll either get it, or you won't, no worries).

Last year's Frozen Osborne Dessert Mashup offered a much more relaxing experience. Was it the same as being in the street? No... it's a different experience… but I did manage to find a bartender that had a couple bottles of bourbon that he wanted to empty before leaving, I had a table and a chair where I could watch several musical interludes and "dancing light" performances... all without anyone else being within arms reach. It was quite reflective actually, or maybe it was just the bourbon.

seating-at-the-frozen-holiday-dessert-party.jpg

Last edited:

Ben_since_1971

I can't imagine them using any other area than what they did last year. It's directly under the giant angel globe at the entrance to LMA, inside the gated area where the Studio Backlot Tour tram would make it's last 1mph circle before disembarking.

It's actually quite a good location from an operations standpoint because it's not normally accessible by guests anyway. It has zero impact on anyone viewing the lights from the Streets of America. Rain-out location is under the covered Studio Catering Co., which pretty much gives you zero view of the Osborne Lights. So… may everyone that's going have a rain-free evening!

Viewing the lights from the Streets of America the past couple of years... made me think I was in the middle of a remake of the "Mark of Gideon" (old 1960's Star Trek reference, you'll either get it, or you won't, no worries).

Last year's Frozen Osborne Dessert Mashup offered a much more relaxing experience. Was it the same as being in the street? No... it's a different experience… but I did manage to find a bartender that had a couple bottles of bourbon that he wanted to empty before leaving, I had a table and a chair where I could watch several musical interludes and "dancing light" performances... all without anyone else being within arms reach. It was quite reflective actually, or maybe it was just the bourbon.

seating-at-the-frozen-holiday-dessert-party.jpg

Hmmmm - you are almost making me want to book it.

alissafalco

I actually think it's much better standing in the heart of it all without a ticket. You are free to roam and are up close to all the lights. The seating for the party is farther away. I personally would not buy a ticket.

Tom

Beta Return
We're suckers.....we booked it for November 12.

Last time to see the lights. We'll be there for a couple nights before our cruise and planned on going to DHS anyway that night. We'll have our exactly-1-year-old with us, so a place to sit and veg, while eating desserts, seems like a splurge worth "wasting" our money on.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I actually think it's much better standing in the heart of it all without a ticket. You are free to roam and are up close to all the lights. The seating for the party is farther away. I personally would not buy a ticket.
I agree. Being in the thick of it is what makes it fun for us. Being surrounded by all the lights is what makes it so cool. Never had any problems with people pushing or shoving. Great picture, btw!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom