Reservation System?

coltow

Does anyone have any updated information on the new reservation system that was supposed to go into effect over the weekend? Just wondering.

DisneyJoe

It's live, go to disneyworld.com and request a room-only booking, it will break out the price per night, and then show you the room cost, then tax, and then the total.

2008 rates are not there yet. :-(

Upvote 0

soin2disney

Disney Joe...

I tried to book a room only on Disneyworld.com but it says that my dates must be before 3 days from today.....Don't understand it....Did you do it, and get through? Thanks for the info. Tina

PS My dates are April 19th-29th 2008

Upvote 0

Rob562

I tried to book a room only on Disneyworld.com but it says that my dates must be before 3 days from today.....Don't understand it....Did you do it, and get through? Thanks for the info. Tina

I believe the Room Only reservations beyond the end of the calendar year must be booked over the phone. I don't think the new dates become available online until packages are relased over the summer.

-Rob

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

2008 pricing is not yet available. As a result you will not be able to price or book any date beyond 12/31/07 online until the pricing has been released.

You can book a 2008 room-only reservation by phone to ensure availablity but your price will not be guaranteed and will increase once the new pricing is released. You will recieve a second confirmation when pricing has been finalized with a request for an additional deposit to cover the first night's lodging. You will also have the option to upgrade to a new 2008 package or cancel your reservation if you do not agree with the new pricing.

We at the Disney Reservation Center can book your stay for up to 499 days in advance by calling 1-407-W-DISNEY. Enjoy your stay!

Upvote 0

soin2disney

I forgot...

I forgot, when you book a room only, what is the amount of the deposit, and can that deposit be switched to a package when it is available, or do you have to cancel the room only and they return that first deposit? Is this to confussing....sorry... :brick:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

I forgot, when you book a room only, what is the amount of the deposit, and can that deposit be switched to a package when it is available, or do you have to cancel the room only and they return that first deposit? Is this to confussing....sorry... :brick:

On a room-only reservation, you will pay a deposit of your first night's lodging. If you modify to a package, the money on your room-only cannot be transferred. You will be asked to pay a new deposit of $200 and will receive a full refund of your room-only deposit.

Upvote 0

soin2disney

Thanks...

Thanks for all your help. Now I have to decide whether to book the room-only now, or just wait and book everything together. Which do you think is better? How would you do it? I'm so glad this site exsits....everyone is so helpful.... :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

Thanks for all your help. Now I have to decide whether to book the room-only now, or just wait and book everything together. Which do you think is better? How would you do it? I'm so glad this site exsits....everyone is so helpful.... :sohappy:

I myself have used room only reservations. And I think it's much better! That way when I book a year in advance I at least have more time to pay for my room considering you pay for your first night which is fine. This is also good for me since I now have AAA to get the 20% or 15% off for rooms. Which I can get a better discount.

Upvote 0

soin2disney

AAA or Disney???

I myself have used room only reservations. And I think it's much better! That way when I book a year in advance I at least have more time to pay for my room considering you pay for your first night which is fine. This is also good for me since I now have AAA to get the 20% or 15% off for rooms. Which I can get a better discount.

Do you book through AAA or Disney Travel CO.? Do you think Disney would take the AAA discount? Thanks

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

Do you book through AAA or Disney Travel CO.? Do you think Disney would take the AAA discount? Thanks
You can book through disney's reservation line. This is the info I found on Mousesavers.com.

"American Automobile Association (AAA) and Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) members qualify for "room only" discounts almost year-round, though there are a limited number of rooms available for each date. You can generally save about 10-20% at the Disney resort hotels, depending on the season.
In general, the discounts run as follows:
  • During Value Season you can get up to 15% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 20% off at the Value and Moderate resorts and the Ft. Wilderness campsites.
  • During Regular Season you can usually get up to 10% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 15% off at the Value and Moderate resorts and the Ft. Wilderness campsites.
  • During Peak Season and Summer Season you can usually get up to 10% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 15% off at the Value and Moderate resorts.
  • The only time AAA/CAA discounts don't usually apply is Holiday Season (around Christmas) at the Value and Moderate resorts.
You don't have to book AAA/CAA rates through the Auto Club. Room-only reservations with an AAA discount can be booked directly through the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel. Just ask if there is an AAA or CAA discount for your dates and resort.
AAA/CAA rates for all of the following year are usually released in the summer. 2007 AAA/CAA "room only" discounts were released on August 6, 2006."

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom