Reservation Question for the pros...

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
The only thing we are accomplishing is celebrating the In-laws, honestly. It's their day. It's MIL's bday, too. If this was a once in a lifetime trip, I'd stress more about leaving. I may keep it until I have to make the call to cancel. I keep checking for something to open up, but it just doesn't. I literally booked everything for this trip the moment I could, and it was a battle. Some days I split the group, some days I lucked out.

Thanks for the reply. The reality is we may just rely on snacks and counter service and be happy. It won't matter to me, I'm not the 73-year old!
One trick I’ve learned is, even if it’s within 24 hours, you can modify your reservation to a later date (without a charge) right up to the reservation time and you can then cancel that date without charge if you decide to do quick service the day of your visit.

nickys

Premium Member
One trick I’ve learned is, even if it’s within 24 hours, you can modify your reservation to a later date (without a charge) right up to the reservation time and you can then cancel that date without charge if you decide to do quick service the day of your visit.
Just a word of caution. Some people have had problems cancelling or modifying at all recently, so I wouldn’t necessarily be recommending that option right now.

Wilbret

Original Poster
I think this is the neatest story ever!!
Are they in the LIFE magazine cover photo, in what I believe is the opening day photo from October of 1971?! (I have 2 copies)! 🤣
If their desire is more to reminisce it seems like a lovely idea to take the boat over from MK and somehow fit the monorail into your days plans.
And I would definitely call Disney ahead of time and ask if there is anything special they could do for your in laws as a treat. The worst case is you are on eternal hold and then they say too bad for you.
Someone else here on the forums can probably hook you up with who to call that might net you more success than a random new CM.
I dropped a note to guest services, hopefully they may reply. We are pondering options! One of their friends was still employed at Disney until the layoffs! Shoutout for a decade of sweet comps and fast passes! :)

monorail81

Just a word of caution. Some people have had problems cancelling or modifying at all recently, so I wouldn’t necessarily be recommending that option right now.
Yup. That was us on Saturday tring to cancel/modify an Oga’s later in the day. I tried every single day and got nothing. Tried calling and was told a 60 minute wait. Fortunately was on property and just popped into the nearest hotel front desk who cancelled it no problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom