Requesting too much for Pop?

007mickey

We have made our reservations for our trip in May and currently are booked at Pop Century (standard view). I have stayed previously at two All-Star resorts, Port Orleans French Qtr, Port Orleans Riverside and Animal Kingdom Lodge. I have in the past made minor requests and sometimes not at all. I was wondering when is a request(s) too much. I would like to stay on a 3rd or 4th floor and not face a pool for noise reasons, I would also like to be near the food court/bus stop. The easy answer is probably pay for the prefered room and it might come to that but I was wondering if there is any chance of getting a room in say buildings 6, 9 or 10 that is facing Classic Hall that doesn't come under a prefered room location? I have heard prefered room locations are in bldgs 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 10 but I have no idea if that is correct. I may be just wasting my time but I knew I could an answer here. Thanks for the help as always.

tinksgilrs08

requests!!

Hello, You can never ask for too much but always remember that a request is a request and never a quarentee that it will happen.. I work at hotel in MI and I try never to quarentee anything becuase yo never know what can happen at a hotel but Disney usually is pretty good at trying to make your requests work for you and your family.

Upvote 0

paul436

To be close to the food court, you will probably need a preferred room and pay the extra money. I was in a preferred room last August and it was just on the outer most reaches of "preferred" status and it was a bit far for my senior citizen parents. They actually measure how far a room is from the food court/bus stops so anything within that radius is a preferred room.

Upvote 0

Mystic

I stayed at Pop in October and we were in Building 10 and we were near the food court/bus stop facing away from the pools and we were in a preferred room.

And just so you know, the more requests you make the harder it is for the CMs at Central Reservations to fulfil your requests. When you make requests keep them simple.

Upvote 0

007mickey

Original Poster
I stayed at Pop in October and we were in Building 10 and we were near the food court/bus stop facing away from the pools and we were in a preferred room.

Is bldg. 10 in the 70's, that is what I have read at least? If so, when you say "facing away from the pools" I'm a little confused because I didn't think there was a pool at the 70's bldgs?

Anyway, I actually thought only portions of bldgs 1, 3, 6 & 10 were preferred but all of 4 & 5 were preferred? I'm just going off what I've read on several sites. I just don't want to make a request that can't be considered (example: make a location request with a standard rate reservation and the request be for a preferred room location).

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Being near the foodcourt or the bus stops is a perk of being in a preffered room - and requests which specify the perk of another room category are ignored.

Upvote 0

daliseurat

I have found that it never hurts to ask. If they have what you want available, they'll give it to you. I've been upgraded twice to a preferred room, just by asking for something facing in and not too far away, and being polite. The worst thing that happens is you won't get exactly what you want.

Upvote 0

Mystic

Is bldg. 10 in the 70's, that is what I have read at least? If so, when you say "facing away from the pools" I'm a little confused because I didn't think there was a pool at the 70's bldgs?

Anyway, I actually thought only portions of bldgs 1, 3, 6 & 10 were preferred but all of 4 & 5 were preferred? I'm just going off what I've read on several sites. I just don't want to make a request that can't be considered (example: make a location request with a standard rate reservation and the request be for a preferred room location).

Yes it's in the 70's and it's got the kiddie splash pad and in the middle of the day there were quite a few little kids playing in it plus we were close enough to the end of the building that if we were on the other side you could have heard the noise coming from the Hippie Dippie Pool. Our room was facing the 90's parking lot so when we came out it was a really short walk to the bus stop and it was a preferred room. At the time I booked the room, the resorts hadn't gone smoke free and neither my friend nor I can be in a room that has even the hint of smoke in it cause it can trigger migraines so I had requested a non-smoking preferred room for medical reasons and we ended up with a room on the main floor of building 10 of the 70s section.

Upvote 0

Jheyman

Tip...

Being near the foodcourt or the bus stops is a perk of being in a preffered room - and requests which specify the perk of another room category are ignored.

Agreed Merf except I have requested specific buildings/areas of the building and been successfully in getting a room closer to the busses and such and thats actually easier at pop then some others since like the 80's buildings are just a parking lot away. I would not just simply ask for a room close to the food court or buses though more a specific building.

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

The 80s & 90s section is near near the bus stops & food court if you cut through the parking lot. We've only ever stayed in the 80's & 90's section. The first two times we didn't have any rom requests, this past October, we asked to be in the 80s or 90s. We had 2nd or 3rd floor rooms the first two stays that faced the parking lot that you can see the WDW entrance from. The third time, we had the second room from the end on the first floor facing the computer pool. Itwas never very noisy, but that could be due to the fact that it was always raining when we were in the room.
Hope it helps.

Upvote 0

007mickey

Original Poster

Merf, I kinda figured that much out. What I was trying to figure out is what areas were outside the preferred locations and maybe request one of those that best fits.

It seems that 80's bldg. #9 would be a good choice and even parts of #7 and #8. I just wonder if it's best to wait till you get there and give your best effort for a location preference. Like daliseurat said, you might get more than you asked for just by being polite.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

The 80s & 90s section is near near the bus stops & food court if you cut through the parking lot. We've only ever stayed in the 80's & 90's section. The first two times we didn't have any rom requests, this past October, we asked to be in the 80s or 90s. We had 2nd or 3rd floor rooms the first two stays that faced the parking lot that you can see the WDW entrance from. The third time, we had the second room from the end on the first floor facing the computer pool. Itwas never very noisy, but that could be due to the fact that it was always raining when we were in the room.
Hope it helps.

If you don't mind me asking Tinkrbell, did you ask when checking in to the Pop or when you made your reservation? I LOVE the 80's - 90's section and would kill to get the same room area we had our last trip (90's building facing the rubik's cube staircase and the computer pool - first floor). A short jaunt through the parking lot and we were at the bus stops and it really helped my mother-in-law as she can't climb stairs very well because of bad knees. I was hoping to ask for a first floor room in the 80's or 90's building facing the pool, but didn't know if that would be pushing it or not :shrug:

Upvote 0

vickym

Last time i was at disney i was put in the 90's section of the pop century resort, which i do not think is a preferred area, but i found the room to be very close to everything. I am going back in June 2008 and i have put a request in via my tour operator to stay in the 80's or 90's building again as i was so impressed with the location.

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

We're going over President's Day week (always do - my wife's a teacher), and recently had to scramble to get a hotel for the 1st half of our trip. We ended up booking at Pop, and on the confirmation that was emailed, it says "Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years". I haven't noticed this on other confirmations in the past, but does that mean we're booked in the Classic's? Is that a Prefered room? I was able to get an AP rate for it, as well, which really surprised me at this late in the game. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Last time i was at disney i was put in the 90's section of the pop century resort, which i do not think is a preferred area, but i found the room to be very close to everything. I am going back in June 2008 and i have put a request in via my tour operator to stay in the 80's or 90's building again as i was so impressed with the location.

Like I said in a previous post, that is what I want to do too. If you don't mind, let me know how you make out with the request. I will keep my fingers crossed for ya!:wave:

Upvote 0

ypcat

We're going over President's Day week (always do - my wife's a teacher), and recently had to scramble to get a hotel for the 1st half of our trip. We ended up booking at Pop, and on the confirmation that was emailed, it says "Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years". I haven't noticed this on other confirmations in the past, but does that mean we're booked in the Classic's? Is that a Prefered room? I was able to get an AP rate for it, as well, which really surprised me at this late in the game. :shrug:

Classic years are the section of Pop that got built. The unfinished side is Legendary Years.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom