Requesting Refridgerator in room AKL

Woody13

The Concierge Level Rooms include a refrigerator. For the other rooms you can rent one for $10 a day. We normally just bring a cooler and fill it with ice.

Upvote 0

Woody13

Hi Pam. What are the medical reasons that would require a refrigerator? I guess Type 1 diabetics need to keep their insulin cold but I can't think of any others.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I know certain antibiotics(liquid) have to be refrigerated. Also some nutritional and medical supplies. (There are many children who are there through Make A Wish type organizations who require tube feedings, etc)

Upvote 0

Nansafan

All I can say about a refrigerator is take a good look at it, front and back, when you check in. We had one in 2000 while staying at Tower Club room at Contemporary. The frig was quite banged up and very dusty. There were spider webs all over the back. Found a huge spider in the room one night after returning from the parks. When I say huge, I mean larger than a quarter. The WDW exterminator called it a Wolf Spider, not poisonous but will leave a heck of a welt. The night we found the spider, 8 of us slept in one room with the frig and any other spiders in the other one. We had the refrigerator removed the next day.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by Woody13
Hi Pam. What are the medical reasons that would require a refrigerator? I guess Type 1 diabetics need to keep their insulin cold but I can't think of any others.

If you have any medication that requires refrigeration, they will give one to you. Usually all you have to do is tell them that you need a refrigerator because someone is on medication and they don't usually question it. I have had a few customers who are diabetics and had no problems. My daughter was on an antibiotic that needed refrigeration and they didn't question it either.

Pam

Upvote 0

Jodigrl328

We had a refrigerator in a junior suite at the Wilderness Lodge. I'm glad we didn't pay for it because we never used it. If you had left-overs, there wasn't a microwave to heat them.

If you want to keep drinks cold, buy a small styrofoam cooler and fill it with ice. Usually we are in the park and buy drinks there or stop at the food court and refill our mugs.

If you have a baby or an infant, I could see the necessity. Otherwise (imho) I don't think it is worth it.

Upvote 0

Holly

The Contemp is the same price - 10 bucks a day.

We planned on doing a grocery store stop before we get to WDW - just picking up some bread, lunchmeat, maybe some quick breakfast food.

Even with the 10 bucks a day I'm sure we'll save some cash by having a few quick meals and snacks in our room instead of at the parks or resorts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom