Requesting a certain room or room area

leaf44

Original Poster
I honestly tried to figure this out on my own, but I found several answers, and I am not sure which is currently correct (why is Disney planning getting so complex!!).

In January I will be traveling to WDW for the Dopey challenge, and staying part of the time at POP, and part at AKL. I'm switching to AKL for the nights before the 1/2 marathon and marathon.

Last year I stayed two nights at AKL, in what I think would be the perfect room for this trip. It was close to the lobby (I might have to crawl back to my room in the end :joyfull:), but also far enough away to be quiet. It also had a great view, and since I will be spending two days just sitting around the resort to rest up for the two big races, I will really get to enjoy the view!

I am curious how to go about asking for a specific room. It might be that it's not possible, but I would be really happy with any room in that general area, above it, below, down the hall, ect.

I know in the past you could fax a room request into the resort, but I got the impression that's not really done anymore? I also didn't see anywhere to add this info when I was booking the room. I know it's better to get a request in early, so I wanted to see if anyone had any helpful info. Thanks!

Mystic

I would request the general area, not a specific room. If you really like where your room was the last time, I would put in a request for "a room in the general vicinity of room X". If you request a specific room it makes it hard for the room assignor because that room may not be available. Whereas if you request to be in the same area as room X then the room assignor has more options to play with.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would request the general area, not a specific room. If you really like where your room was the last time, I would put in a request for "a room in the general vicinity of room X". If you request a specific room it makes it hard for the room assignor because that room may not be available. Whereas if you request to be in the same area as room X then the room assignor has more options to play with.
This.

I will also add that you need to have this request put on your reservation. Simply call Disney and have them add it.

Fax is hit or miss. If the CM goes by the rules, they will ignore the fax. Some follow the rules, others don't, but requests on the reservation will get seen.

Mystic

We had a great pool view room location when we were at AKL over Princess Weekend (did not participate) a few years ago. It was on Zebra Trail. We know if we ever stay at AKL again we would just request Zebra Trail.

leaf44

Original Poster
GOOD LUCK with the race!!!! We will be down for the Dark Side weekend in April for our 3rd RD event and can't wait!!!

Good luck with your race too, MickeyMomV! This will be my second RD event, after the very wet Wine and Dine last year. Hope to do the Dark Side another year!

We had a great pool view room location when we were at AKL over Princess Weekend (did not participate) a few years ago. It was on Zebra Trail. We know if we ever stay at AKL again we would just request Zebra Trail.

The room I got last year was on the Sunset Savannah, directly across from the lobby at Kidani Village. It was a wonderful view, and was quiet; although looking at the map now, it was farther out than I thought. My friends I stayed at Kidani one year though, and our room was almost at the end of the farthest wing of the resort. The walk was insane, so I think any room seems closer to the lobby now!

I especially want to request an area, because last year, when I was waiting for Magical Express, I went out on the balcony that is off the lounge space, right next to the check-in area, to check out the view. Technically the rooms there could be called savannah view, but the fans from the kitchen are right there, and the smell from the food was so strong it made me nauseous! I LOVE Jiko and Boma, but it was way too strong! If I got one of those rooms I would be super sad, because I could never use the balcony, or open the sliding doors.

FrostyNaples

Online check in also lets you staple down location requests.

So far two for two using that without calling to place requests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom