Replacement for Dumbo?

The Duck

Original Poster
Please forgive me if this has already been discussed to death, but I've been wondering if anything has been proposed to occupy the space that Dumbo currently uses when the "Dueling Dumbo" opens. My impression is that the current ride will remain open until the new area is open with 2 new Dumbos. If this is what is planned, would the old space be left open or could it be redone as a new spinner ride? I'm hoping that the Carpets could be moved there but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
1., Carpets doesn't belong in Fantasyland

2., I'm hungry

3., I wouldn't be surprised if it's trees. :cool:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion :king:

_Scar

1., Carpets doesn't belong in Fantasyland

2., I'm hungry

3., I wouldn't be surprised if it's trees. :cool:

Why wouldn't they? Disney animated movie, seems to fit perfectly.

And if you argue that it's not European enough for the area, Dumbo isn't European at all.

And it'd free up a ton of space in Adventureland.

NASAMan

Think of a diamond shaped courtyard behind the castle. The carousel is in the middle. Snow White, Philharmagic, and Pinocchio's Village House form three sides, with the new castle wall forming the fourth. It will run right through Dumbo currently rests.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here is a rough overlay of where the castle wall will be based on the leaked plans from a while back.The red line is the wall and the green areas are other features on the plans, landscaping I am guessing.

CastleWallOverlay.jpg

tl77

I think the current Dumbo is going to disassembled and moved to make up one half of the new "Dueling Dumbo" ride, but I don't know if Fantasyland will be without Dumbo for a short time, or if they'll open half of the new one before they move the current one... :veryconfu hope that makes sense

SeaCastle

I think the current Dumbo is going to disassembled and moved to make up one half of the new "Dueling Dumbo" ride, but I don't know if Fantasyland will be without Dumbo for a short time, or if they'll open half of the new one before they move the current one... :veryconfu hope that makes sense

Reportedly, they aren't recycling the old ride system and they're closing the Dumbo that's there now once the new ones are open.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Why wouldn't they? Disney animated movie, seems to fit perfectly.

And if you argue that it's not European enough for the area, Dumbo isn't European at all.

And it'd free up a ton of space in Adventureland.

why do that when you can have a 5th dumbo ride themed to flying pirate ships (peter pan) or flying houses with balloons? (up) :lol:

No seriously, I think Disney would go for one of those. :lookaroun

Either that, or plants. :)

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion :king:

SiriusBlack

Definitely don't need the carpets there because as WOL has said they are the same exact ride as Dumbo. Man, I wish something else would go where carpets is. Aladdin needs a legit ride.

FigmentJedi

Definitely don't need the carpets there because as WOL has said they are the same exact ride as Dumbo. Man, I wish something else would go where carpets is. Aladdin needs a legit ride.

Indeed. Cave of Wonders coaster for that "Fire Mountain" expansion plot would be great for Adventureland.

mimitchi33

Maybe Dumbo will be in the same area, but removing some objects in its path for more space? I hope it's not going to be trash cans, or even toilets!
One question though: Will the teacups be removed as well? I'd be sad if they would leave!

MerlinTheGoat

In the models shown at D23, the new Dumbo spinners looked quite similar to the old one. I'd say it has more color besides gold now, and it appears to now have fountains like the ones found at other Disneylands.

Teacups is staying. It appears on the official Fantasyland expansion concept art. Some speculation that it may even be getting a new roof as well, more like Paris' (perhaps even a glass one like Paris) based on the concept art.

Skipper03

In the models shown at D23, the new Dumbo spinners looked quite similar to the old one. I'd say it has more color besides gold now, and it appears to now have fountains like the ones found at other Disneylands.

Teacups is staying. It appears on the official Fantasyland expansion concept art. Some speculation that it may even be getting a new roof as well, more like Paris' (perhaps even a glass one like Paris) based on the concept art.

I'm pretty sure the rood updates have already been done. I don't see why else they'd have it shut down for a few months while replacing/repainting the current roof?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure the rood updates have already been done. I don't see why else they'd have it shut down for a few months while replacing/repainting the current roof?

There was a discussion of this in one of the threads recently, and the concensous was that the work done last year on the roof was just temporary and that it's likely it would get a more elaborate roof in the near future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom