Replace Ariel's Grotto with Mr. Toad?

Replace Ariel's Grotto with Mr. Toad?

• Yes! Yank that stupid Ariel's Grotto out of there.

Votes: 44 71.0%
  • No! They need to keep Ariel and friends there for the kiddies.

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Does anyone else feel that WDW ought to rip out Ariel's Grotto and rebuild Mr. Toad's Wild Ride in that spot? I know I do.

Chernabog

It wouldn't make any sense to put Mr Toad by the lake thingy. Even thought 20k is gone they're still making the lake look like it's being used. Put Toad there and it's a big puddle of water. Besides, they've sold most of the stuff from the ride anyway.

NADisney

Well..This is how I see it.

Replace/relocate Mickey's Toontown (Disney-MGM Studios)
with Ariel's Grotto, remove Winnie the Pooh and place an Alice in Wonderland ride.Put "it's a small world" where "20,000 leagues" was and build Toad Hall next to the Lagoon with an english garden which complements the "small world" attraction.

The old "small word" building could be used to expand Fantasyland with attractions based on:

Pinnochio,
Beauty and the Beast,
Hercules

or other Disney films.

:lookaroun

TURKEY

I think it should be gone, but I don't think that Mr. Toad should go in. I think it needs to be a brand new ride area.

NowInc

As much as I miss the Toad...at this point..to bring him back...would not impress me.

If alice in wonderland didnt already have a ride..i would be all for it getting its own special attraction there...but we all know the amount of money/time it would take to drain the grotto wont make it do-able....

Chris

Get rid of it. Only been there once and will never go back. Big waist of my time. (I have boys so they are not really into the little mermaid). That is a lot of space that could be better used!

Bryy2001

I definitely think that they should use that space that has been vacant for so long. A new E-ride would bring a lot of people into fantasy land and help disperse the people better. A new ride would be great, or even better would be an updated 20,000 Leagues E-ride, they could really make it great if they put some work into it.

Brer Bear

I never was impressed with Mr. Toad. If you want to get rid of Ariel's Grotto I'm fine with that, but put something new there. Let Toad R.I.P:king:

David

I think something more should be done to develop that area than just having Ariel there, but I don't think Mr. Toad is the answer. First of all, it seems that once a ride is gone Disney practically forgets about it. They may change an existing ride or show but not bring one back. And although Mr. Toad had a huge following, personally it was not really one of my favorites. I know it had been an original, but other than that, not all that impressive to me. But SOMETHING needs to be added there, I agree about that.

tmp

Originally posted by Bryy2001
I definitely think that they should use that space that has been vacant for so long. A new E-ride would bring a lot of people into fantasy land and help disperse the people better. A new ride would be great, or even better would be an updated 20,000 Leagues E-ride, they could really make it great if they put some work into it.
I think there is already too may people in Fantasyland. It is the only land where you can find atleast a 45 minute wait for more then 2 rides. I think if they want to disperse people better building an E-ride arraction in Frontierland or Adventureland would actually be better. On the other hand, they do need to replace that Grotto with some type of ride!

Lance

Mr. Toad is dead, he can't come back, just like Horizons, they'll never bring them back.

I say leave Ariel's Grotto, it's not doing anything wrong. They got Mickey's Philarmagic so I don't think we'll see anything new in the 20K lagoon anytime soon.

Fantasyland doesn't need another dark ride!

Only way to go is to put in a mountain where the 20K lagoon is, but we know how that went.

Goofalicious

I say take it out, but Mr. Toad wouldn't take it's place. I've been putting together my own little ride for disney, and in that exact spot to tell the truth. I think it would be neat to build an Atlantis ride there. The line will break off into two different lines: one leading downwards, that will be the land adventure; the other leading upwards, this will the aricraft adventure. Throughout the ride there will be occasional collisions when the two vehicles will look like it will crash into one another, but will pull away soon enough. What do all of you think about my ride?

Beauty and the

I think they should pull the plug on Aeril, but certainly not replace it with Mr Toad, the last time I rode that ride was 1991 it was awful then and I'm sure it wouldn't improve with time. Lets leave Mr Toad peacefully in the memories of his fans and have something new

Goofalicious

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
It could be the entrance for the Villian Land...

I like that idea! What would be neat would be if they extended the water, so it would be more like an island, and the water would surround the Villian Land. The entrance would go underneath the water, so you can look up and see under the water. Or have a waterfall on both sides of the entrance, you can reach out and run your hand through the water as it falls. Ok I'm gonna stop imagining, I probably don't make any sense anyways.

Pioneer Hall

The waterfalls are mor likely than building underwater, and I don't think a lagoon extension will work either. But I just want there to be a villian land!!!

DigitalDisney

I would rather have the money for this attraction be put toward a complete overhaul of Fantasyland similar to DL's FL overhaul in the 80's.

The circus-like tops are getting a bit old, and that theming pales in comparison to anything else in the MK.

Transform FL so that it looks as good as the new Tmoorrowland, or even better!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom